Just another snap of blue eyes (updated)

She was in a playful mood and found an old scarf that was lying around. Just add some window light and the 85/1.4.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you prefer the sharpness in this one.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A nice image which could have be even better if the eyes were sharper. I like the pose and compo of #1 more, Charles. Taken wide open I suppose?

Nearly wide open. Captured during the moment so there was some subject movement.
That's what I thought. Trying to get sharp shots of children wide open is really very testing. I always have to chase after them and the phrase "don't move" is all too common in my vocab. :wink: :biggrin:

Indeed, photographing children on the run can be a challenge. Normally it isn't an issue for me. Guess I am out of practice since I wasn't able to shoot for a while. :wink:

Hey Charles, very nice work as always - I am not so bothered by the eyes' sharpness as others, I think it gives a natural feeling to the image; I do prefer the first picture to the second as far as composition and overall feeling despite the second being sharper on the eyes - and yes, kids do move a lot :biggrin: thanks for sharing,

Charles,

I also like the first shot best (but why chose when you don't have to...both are great shots). Each shot gives a glimpse of the joy that is your daughter! Thanks for sharing that joy with us!

Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom