Just another snap of blue eyes (updated)

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Apr 14, 2007.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    She was in a playful mood and found an old scarf that was lying around. Just add some window light and the 85/1.4.
    143532563-O-1.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  2. Nice shot Charles!! The eyes look a bit soft to me (and I'm assuming that was your focus point), but that could be easily fixed in post..

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Maybe you prefer the sharpness in this one.

143695854-O.

4. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    A nice image which could have be even better if the eyes were sharper. I like the pose and compo of #1 more, Charles. Taken wide open I suppose?

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Nearly wide open. Captured during the moment so there was some subject movement.

6. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    That's what I thought. Trying to get sharp shots of children wide open is really very testing. I always have to chase after them and the phrase "don't move" is all too common in my vocab. :wink: :biggrin:

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Indeed, photographing children on the run can be a challenge. Normally it isn't an issue for me. Guess I am out of practice since I wasn't able to shoot for a while. :wink:

8. Charles, beautiful...just beautiful.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I processed it again using my normal methods. Does that seem better?

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks John. There is just something about natural light that strobes and flashes can't do.

11. I like the 2nd shot, I just with there was no shadow over her right eye. Composition and facial expression are much better on #2 IMO.

12. Hey Charles, very nice work as always - I am not so bothered by the eyes' sharpness as others, I think it gives a natural feeling to the image; I do prefer the first picture to the second as far as composition and overall feeling despite the second being sharper on the eyes - and yes, kids do move a lot :biggrin: thanks for sharing,

13. Charles,

I also like the first shot best (but why chose when you don't have to...both are great shots). Each shot gives a glimpse of the joy that is your daughter! Thanks for sharing that joy with us!

Mike

14. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Great capture, looks nice even though I am not a fan of wide open head shots.