Just back from Rome

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Luckynp, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, looks like you got some wonderful shots! Now, as much as I love photography, I'd really love to hear about the fabulous food! (I'm a foodie at heart).

2. Thanks Leigh. Now how do you think I got fat in the first place?

Fantastic antipasti, great pasta, pizza ice-cream. I'm now sitting here looking though a window at a grey, wet Manchester day. Sigh...

One of these was with the 17-55 DX and all the others with the 24-120 VR. I'd be really interested if people with a better eye than I have can pick out the 17-55 shot.

3. Don't you just hate not being in Rome? :-( Great shots, brings back all those very recent memories...sigh...I am just finishing up my Rome gallery and will post it soon. Hope you'll post more of your shots as well!

4. Fabulous shots, Mike. Very photogenic city!

5. dan_m

dan_m Guest

Which is from 17-55DX?

Mike,
    If I had to guess (and I am) I would say the 5th shot, the arch, is from the pricey lens. C'mon, somebody else chime in.
    Dan M.

6. Mike,

Nice vibrant shots! I thought the last one was it (from the 17-55)... and then I had the urge to cheat and went looking at the EXIF! :oops: It must be the one taking at 20mm, huh? ;-) No, I am not spoiling the beans for the others... at least, if they don't cheat as well! :roll: :lol:

7. Philippe, you're right, but I also made a mess of my question, because I now realise there are 2 17-55 shots. One, as you say, is the third shot (Castel Sant'Angelo and the Tiber). The other is number 4, St Peter's, for which I used the 17-55 with a Nikon CP.

It's a bit strange. I don't know whether to be a bit disappointed with the 17-55 or really pleased with the 24-120. But I already know I am a big victim of LLD and I guess one of the symptoms is never to be satisfied...