Just being curious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaunK, Apr 9, 2007.

1. I just discovered the options menu, and tried viewing the Cafe with the gray background... yuck. I use the Nikon default... so now I'm curious, how do others view the Cafe? Using one of the defaults, or another? Is another even possible? :smile: Just still getting to know you all.

2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Nikon for me :wink:

3. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    I can't stand yellow... was really glad when I discovered I could change it!:wink: It is now the nikon default here too.

Shannon

4. JimCo

JimCo

Feb 16, 2006
    Sublimity, Oregon
    I use the GreyBackground theme. I love the Nikon yellow, but the white background is too bright for me. I prefer the gray background because it is much easier on my tired old eyes so I put up with the blue border.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Grey...glare hruts my eyes

6. greybackground scheme for me too. Took some adjusting to after using the yellow/white for so long but images show better and easier on my eyes now.

7. Also a gray background kind of guy.

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

The grey would be even better IF the sidebar colors, etc were all in shades of grey...tap..tap..tap..Listening mods??

9. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Well, it was the Nikon yellow/white default until I started reading the replies -- now it's grey for me too! Besides, it matches my hair color!

10. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Thank you for being curious, I have now changed the background to grey. Much easier on my eyes!

Lisa

11. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

....can I get a vote for a darker grey side bar and an even darker top bar??? That would be perfect!

In other words, exactly like the default style (not Nikon default). With the Default style we have a light blue main field, medium blue side bar and a dark blue title top bar. Just make all those shades of grey and perfecto!

12. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I had to go find these setting and changed to grey. Much better!

13. Hmmm, based on all the gray preferences, I'm going to give that a try for a while. We'll see. Funny to think that we all get to see this place, each just a little bit differently. :smile:

14. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

FYI: I just posted a poll asking if anyone else would like a more neutral skin to view images here. Check it out!

15. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I just found this option yesterday. I used to use the Nikon yellow and black, but I had a hard time reading the light writing on the white background of the subjects, so now I'm using the default. Much better.

16. Schemes, what schemes?? LOL!! Guess I better check that out!!:biggrin: