Just bought a D2X to joint the DX club

Hi

Just bought a D2X and join the DX club.

Look forward to photograph in DX format and the pro body
and brush up my skills in photography.

Understand this is a really sharp sensor.
now I have to wait till sept to look for some lens here in the market place.

Congratulation on your D2x! I really like mine, I just don't get out and use it much. Most likely I'll use it more this summer as it doesn't have a built in flash and flash is less necessary in the summer. Hopefully I'll be posting some nice pics here that are taken with it SOON! Looks like you have plenty of nice glass to start using yours right away so get to it!

Receive my D2x last night.
I wanted to see what the pro body is like. ( which is great)

I also like the comment of the natural skin tone it gives. ( we'll see about that)

But because people were saying the sharpness of the sensor.
I wanted to see how sharp I can get as well.

Would anyone suggest a replacement battery for EN-EL4 ? mine show no.3 and I dont have a spare. should I be buying a genuine one $ 69 or buy a cheaper alternative?

Would anyone suggest a replacement battery for EN-EL4 ? mine show no.3 and I dont have a spare. should I be buying a genuine one $ 69 or buy a cheaper alternative?

I wouldn't mess around with 3rd party batts...you can find used EN-EL4's as well as the slightly more powerful EN-EL4a of the D2Xs (D3/D3s/D3x)
pretty easily. Check FM, member xmattkx has them FS quite often. :wink:

Congrats on the D2x and on your first pro-body! I am a big fan of the D2 series and may p/u another D2x in the next 6mo or so.

I have always been very pleased with the D2x sensor very sharp especially with good glass and good technique(always need to throw that in! an out of focus image is not going to be sharp on any sensor)

I find the AF to be very good and lots of customization of AF tracking.

be sure to play with the 2X HSC (high speed crop mode) will get you some extra reach with lenses and shoot 8fps.

Remember this is not a current DSLR your ISO is going to get rough after 400 or so my opinion. AF on newer models is faster and tracks better. With that said though...good sharp captures on this body (especially at ISO 100) are going to be great.

Have fun!!!!

First off Kewl! It is still an awesome camera.. I have had mine since 2005. Still use it for landscape shooting.

Sensor is quite good, but unforgiving. You have to use proper technique with this camera or it will show slight softness.

Regarding batteries you are just going to have to get the Nikon one. I have tried some of the 3rd party batteries and they are ok, but just do not last like the Nikon batteries..

thank you for everyone's reply. Think I will stick with the genuine batteries then.

Today is second day since arrival. Its amazing, apart from the high ISO. everything else seems very good. At ISO 100 /200. in daylight. its very good. very sharp.

I done some initial test. Have to retrain myself on shooting techniques. Mirror up etc
to get the sharp image. For the price I paid. its amazing.

I just got to work out which is my sharpest lens now.

I luv the D2X !

The D2X still takes my breath away, in good light with pro glass :cool:
HSC mode, SOOC handheld...:eek: Have fun!! :wink:

d2x_3021_zps6dbe36f4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Will: nice photo. Can you tell me which lens you use to take that photo?

Thanks, David. The Exif's there, let's see...ISO 100 1/2500th
280mm @ f3.5 so it must have been the 200 f2 w/TC-14E II
HSC mode 1.33 makes it 560mm. It just shows what the D2X(s)
is still capable of with good glass. Double your FL and deliver some
outstanding color, probably why mine is still used with the 85 f1.8G for
portraits. :wink:

I am also finding that I have to improve my handheld technique to get sharp images.

Do have a 135mm AIS. but will be difficult to get sharp images without tripod.
will try x2 shutter speed tomorrow in daylight.

Congratulatons on your first pro body :cool:

i use mine now mainly with the 10.5mm fisheye as for most other shooting i use the D3.
still a great camera. mine was very picky with which lenses it worked well with & like previously mentioned it will quickly reveal poor/casual technique with soft images..

Real Name
Randy
Why do so many d2x owners think it takes pro glass and is hard to shoot ?
Why do so many d800 owners think the same ?
4mp vs 36mp so it's prob not that

Why do so many d2x owners think it takes pro glass and is hard to shoot ?
Why do so many d800 owners think the same ?
4mp vs 36mp so it's prob not that

The real litmus test for glass is the Nikon V1. You can really see the limits with that camera. It would be in the realm of 70+ mp if it was an FX body! The D2X and even the D800 isn't that hard on lenses. :wink:

Real Name
Randy
The real litmus test for glass is the Nikon V1. You can really see the limits with that camera. It would be in the realm of 70+ mp if it was an FX body! The D2X and even the D800 isn't that hard on lenses. :wink:

I agree

Everyone always uses mp as the reason so 4 vs 36 something isn't right

In theory the d7100 should be the hardest ?......isn't it 58mp equivalent

Latest threads

Top Bottom