Just bought myself a D7000 (with pics)

So I ended up buying a D7000. Mostly I'll be using it for possible gigs and for video. I know the Canons are maybe generally held in higher regard for video, but the D7000 seemed like maybe the best camera for the money.

Here's a photo I took of it with my Hasselblad, followed by a test photo of the Hasselblad taken with the D7000 (shot in RAW and highlights recovered as much as they could be). Both shots same settings.

5582869022_35c9c0c6c7_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 876194

Looking forward to using it!

Also, can anyone recommend some good, relatively inexpensive lenses for the D7000? I'm looking for lenses that would be most suitable for the video function, so in other words quite fast would be great, manual focus only, and an aperture ring on the lens. I had a cheap 28mm 3.5 AIS sitting around which is on the camera now, but to be honest I'm quite disappointed in the results I'm getting with it.

the d7000 will show why cheap lenses are cheap. you'll need good optics with the 16mp...the nifty fifty(50 1.8) always works for everyone and worked great for me.

What about the old 50mm 1.4 AIS? I'm hearing the AIS lenses are probably a better bet for video because of their build quality.

I'm curious how the video works for you.
After you play with for awhile, post back thoughts and samples.

I am thinking of getting one to intergrate video and stills and am looking for feedback.

Thanks guys. I'll let you know on the video but I'll have to test it more thoroughly when I get some more suitable lenses.

options options options

the d7000 will show why cheap lenses are cheap. you'll need good optics with the 16mp...the nifty fifty(50 1.8) always works for everyone and worked great for me.

I totally agree with this. But the 50mm has quite too long of a focal length. Depending on what you're trying to achieve with the video, here's a couple options from personal experience:

24mm 2.8d - Great for general purpose shooting, the price isn't too bad (got mine for $350). On DX crop it's only a little wide.

18-55mm VR - You'd be surprised, the aperture isn't great, but this lens is most likely the best general purpose shooting you'll get. VR works great to stabilize some camera shake. It's also your cheapest option next to the 50mm 1.8 (which I love love love).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom