1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just bought SanDisk CF 4 GIG Extreme IV $25.66

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by carauction, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Just bought three of these at $25.66 each from Buydig. That is with a mail in rebate. 79.00 x 3=$237-160(rebate)=$77.00 total for all three.

mike

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    I sent you a PM Mike (from Orange County, NY). :smile:

3. I sold one off to a member just now. So that is it.

I recommend the deal at Buydig.

mike

4. Mail-in Rebate?

Good Luck getting a check for the SanDisk mail-in rebate, Mike. I'm still watching the mail for my rebate from ~6 months ago from them.

SanDisk is a company going thru hard times in the stock market.

They know that their product is accepted - and so they also know that they can stiff the thousands of rebate seekers. It's all about the bottom line, and bolstering shareholder confidence.

Too bad for SanDisk. They are no longer a growth company/stock, with small attendant gains to be made in buying SNDK stock.

The products they make are now a mere commodity, and they have exhibeted no forward-looking growth plan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Please remember that to sell items you must use the FS area only. I have edited the posts containing the FS information

Listing a good deal as you did is fine and why the information was left for others.

6. Mojovase

Mojovase

Feb 18, 2007
    Maryland
    Actually, I have had no problems getting rebates from Sandisk. I just got their prepaid Visa card two days ago. Also, there is a way to check on the status via the Sandisk website. Do not have that information right off the bat, but you could probably find it. Might be worth a try for you to contact them & see what's going on.

Good luck.

7. Good Luck is right. You're one of the lucky few.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080721/sandisk.html?.v=3

8. I've re-read your post many times; I can not understand your sentence structure.

What does FS mean?

Thanks,

9. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri

FS is an abbreviation used here on the cafe to represent For Sale.

Most threads in the for sale area start with FS.

Thanks for bringing up the clarification needed. In addition, I had an incorrect word in the sentence that I did not notice.

10. You beat me to it. Actually, all my Sandisk rebates EVENTUALLY came through, including the one that they sent a notice about saying'...we're sorry, but we cannot honor this rebate..."

11. Thank you for your reply.

~Self-Snipped Diatribe~

Your intention was clear; your execution was poor.

Thanks again,

12. I had no problem a few months ago getting the Visa card with a SanDisk rebate. I got a great deal thru B&H on a 12gig Extreme III. I had more of a problem getting to know the ins and outs of using the card.

We have all heard people complaining about receiving their SanDisk Visa card rebate. I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed.

Knowing myself, I will be keeping an eye out for it. If I don't receive it by the said date, I guess that I will be knocking on Buydig's door:mad:  Wouldn't be surprised that if SanDisk defaulted, Buydig would indeed offer a credit in lieu of the rebate amount for something in their store....I think that it would be great advertisement for them...I would certainly post such a thing all around town!

Quite frankly, there is nothing much right now that can interfere with my honeymoon anyway. Yes sir, me & my D3:Love:

And one more thing. Free shipping:smile: from Buydig, and FedEx is scheduled to deliver the cards to my door today....what soyvice!

mike

13. YEKCIM

YEKCIM

Jul 27, 2007
    Alabama
    No problems here, with the Sandisk rebate. We bought two SD and two CF cards a couple months back, received the prepaid CC's last week, and spent 'em yesterday.

~Ed

14. I was due a $90 rebate from Sandisk and right on time, they sent me my rebate letter. Wrong! Letter said that certain information and the product bar codes were missing. I always keep a copy of everything sent in for rebates. The rebate processor had a phone number to call, so I called. When I spoke to a representative, she was able to pull up my physical file in less than a minute and said one sheet was missing. (How did they have it this available when I asked her if she was holding my actual submission in her hands with the stapled papers? She said yes.) Anyway, she asked me to read the missing information rather than faxing or remailing a copy. All in all it took about 5 minutes. She said the Debit Card would be be received within 3 weeks and it was, and the card worked just fine. :smile:

Remember that rebates are designed to make money for the company ... people forget to submit, fill out the form wrong and/or forget to attach whatever, send to wrong address (yep, some have two addresses on the form, but not Sandisk to be clear), failure to followup when the "missing information letter" arrives, and just tossing the rebate away when it arrives in a form that looks like junk mail. :mad:  So far, I have finnaly received all rebates I have applied for, but it often took some effort. On the other hand, my grown son seems to almost never receive a rebate for one of the above reasons! :confused: 

Regards,

15. tried to get a rebate from them a year ago, .... got nothing ....

more recently, it did get my debit card, but why can't i just get a stinking check?

16. YEKCIM

YEKCIM

Jul 27, 2007
    Alabama
    Because they are offering a debit card, not a check.

17. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    a positive for Sandisk, I've always gotten my rebates, at least 3 by now. Once I sent 2 qualifying rebates in, they only sent one check. I immediately contacted them, and no questions, they started process to get second check to me. I did get it too. So, while I'm not rebate crazy, personally I think they create more issues than necessary for us consumers (messing up packaging, our time, if bought local costs extra in TAXES) Delays with our money tied up. etc...

I am not crazy about this debit card crap, I won't particpate normally on that.

My largest rebate ever on another product was 600.00 Yikes, I was sweating bullets on that one! I copied everything, even sent the rebate priority mail with return receipt. lol.

18. Received my 3 SanDisk cards from Buydig yesterday(tues). Ordered on Monday, free shipping. Great service.

mike

19. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    When did SanDisk start producing lenses?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.