Just bought Tamron 17-50 F2.8 for $300.00 from Beachcamera on Ebay Refurb.

Listed at $329.00 on Ebay. Couldn't pass it up to go along with my new D40.

Bing cashback is 10%, bringing it down to $300.00....free ship.

We'll see. If this doesn't work, just going to get the 35 1.8G to mate along with the older 18-55kit. I know the 35 will probably be smack on focus-wise. But if this Tammy works, it would be nice to have a stright F2.8 all the way....and I hear that it is sharp:smile:

Mike

W

Wileec

The 17-50 has been a great lens for me for when I need an indoor zoom and outdoor wide angle. That said, I tend to use the 50mm f/1.4G indoors for many shots - as I usually have the room to use it.

The Tammy is a great all purpose lens....it does everything well, and my copy, at least, is remarkably sharp at every focal length and aperture. You can't do better.

its a great lens! i had one without the built in motor and tried to sell it on here for $300 shipped but had no buyers.
ended up on craigslist.

NG for me

Thanks for all the feedback.

This is(was) a really very nicely built lens for the money. And could make a nice lens for someone, as reviews have pointed out.

Just wasn't for me, as I am a notorious pixel peeping:Smart: kinda shooter.

Really don't wanna get into it on this thread. But if anyone is thinking about this lens, and would like my opinion, please feel free to PM me.

Mike

I got mine used from the forum without the BIM for less than 250$ few months back. Probably one of my best buy when it comes to lenses. Cant think of getting the Nikon version for almost 4 times more used. here is an example wide open at 50mm with no edit.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Was looking at this deal.... has anyone had this and Nikkor 17-55 and can comment on difference in optical quality, sharpness, and autofocus speed? I know the built quality of Nikkor is much better, but so is 3X the price

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom