Just bought the 10.5 fisheye lens and have a question

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Debbie H, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Well I just bought the 10.5 fisheye lens. I have heard of people saying that if you decided that you didn't like the effect on a certain photo you could change it. Can someone explain the process to me? Thanks!!:smile:

2. You can use software to "de-fish" the image - it tries to make the lines rectilinear rather than show all the fishy distortion. Capture 4 has a setting just for this lens and de-fishing the images taken with it.

Sean

3. I use Fisheye Hemi from Image Trends. Excellent software. Highly recommended.

4. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    The only two programs I have are PSCS3 and Capture NX that came with my D300. Will either of those do the same thing? Thanks!Debbie

5. The documentation for NX says it does - I haven't found or used it in NX: "The Fisheye Lens feature enables you to modify an image taken with a compatible fisheye lens to make that image appear to have been taken with a wide-angle rectilinear lens. This feature is only compatible with images taken with an AF DX 10.5 mm f2.8G Nikkor fisheye lens."

6. lchrismunos

lchrismunos

Jun 28, 2006
    Arkansas
    Debbie,
    You might want to investigate a program (CS plug-in) called PT Lens. I think it is great.

7. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri

I will investigate more into it. And yes the lens I bought is the AF DX 10.5 mm f2.8G Nikkor fisheye lens.

Hi Chris glad you chimed in. Haven't talked to you for a while, hope everything is good with you!! I will check on the CS plug-in. Good Gosh I hope it is free because I'm lens lusted broke!!!!:eek:

8. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Sorry to have missed you Alex!! I will check it out!! Thanks!!!Debbie:smile:

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I never quite understood the point of defishing the 10.5. If you do, you might as well shoot with an ultrawide such as the 12-24 or 10-20 as you will get better results. The 10.5 mm is a lot of fun though.

10. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    It's useful for with QTVRs. (Spherical panoramas) to take out the tripod from the bottom shot (nadir) you have to take a shot of the ground to photoshop it in, it's pretty hard to blend in a normal non-defished shot. Other than that no clue, but the fisheye hemi is awesome for people photography.

11. Another vote for Hemi. You'll not regret the purchase of the definitive license. The only problem with it is that the current version will not de-fish vertical frames.
    Rui

SB-800, TC Kenko Pro300 1.4, Manfrotto 190MF4+804RC Head

12. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the advise!! Debbie

13. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Would FILTER - LENS CORRECTION in CS3 work??

14. Fisheye Hemi is amazing.

Darren

15. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    It is awesome period. Highly recommend it. It takes the fisheye to a whole new level.

16. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks Everyone!!!