Just bought the 10.5 fisheye lens and have a question

Well I just bought the 10.5 fisheye lens. I have heard of people saying that if you decided that you didn't like the effect on a certain photo you could change it. Can someone explain the process to me? Thanks!!:smile:

You can use software to "de-fish" the image - it tries to make the lines rectilinear rather than show all the fishy distortion. Capture 4 has a setting just for this lens and de-fishing the images taken with it.

Sean

The only two programs I have are PSCS3 and Capture NX that came with my D300. Will either of those do the same thing? Thanks!Debbie

The documentation for NX says it does - I haven't found or used it in NX: "The Fisheye Lens feature enables you to modify an image taken with a compatible fisheye lens to make that image appear to have been taken with a wide-angle rectilinear lens. This feature is only compatible with images taken with an AF DX 10.5 mm f2.8G Nikkor fisheye lens."

The documentation for NX says it does - I haven't found or used it in NX: "The Fisheye Lens feature enables you to modify an image taken with a compatible fisheye lens to make that image appear to have been taken with a wide-angle rectilinear lens. This feature is only compatible with images taken with an AF DX 10.5 mm f2.8G Nikkor fisheye lens."

I will investigate more into it. And yes the lens I bought is the AF DX 10.5 mm f2.8G Nikkor fisheye lens.

Debbie,
You might want to investigate a program (CS plug-in) called PT Lens. I think it is great.
Hi Chris glad you chimed in. Haven't talked to you for a while, hope everything is good with you!! I will check on the CS plug-in. Good Gosh I hope it is free because I'm lens lusted broke!!!!:eek:

I never quite understood the point of defishing the 10.5. If you do, you might as well shoot with an ultrawide such as the 12-24 or 10-20 as you will get better results. The 10.5 mm is a lot of fun though.

It's useful for with QTVRs. (Spherical panoramas) to take out the tripod from the bottom shot (nadir) you have to take a shot of the ground to photoshop it in, it's pretty hard to blend in a normal non-defished shot. Other than that no clue, but the fisheye hemi is awesome for people photography.

Another vote for Hemi. You'll not regret the purchase of the definitive license. The only problem with it is that the current version will not de-fish vertical frames.
Rui

SB-800, TC Kenko Pro300 1.4, Manfrotto 190MF4+804RC Head

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom