Just brought my D2x home!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Gordon Large, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Not even out of the box yet, but it will be in about two minutes. Couldn't wait to share my good news. I'll probably take a few snaps this afternoon, but the first real tests will come over the weekend.

I was very surprised that my local camera store came through before the big guys. Apparently this guy does a fair amount of Nikon business with local pros and wannabees like me even though he never stocks any expensive stuff. He got six units, all gone the first day and he still has a long list. Expects next delivery in late March.

All I can say is :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!

Gordon[/code]

2. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

I have no idea where that
    Code:
     came from or how. Seriously. Gordon is not a top secret code name!

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Your cover is blown George! Now, don't let your highlights get blown. :)

Lets see some shots you lucky dog!

4. Congrats Gordon,

You are going to love this camera! I know I do. I just wish spring was here.

Melissa

5. OK Gordon, I officially hate you!!!

Damn where oh where has my D2x gone, oh where oh where can it be? :cry:

6. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Did you change over to windows 10 in the last fue weeks I wonder.?
    Cheers.
    Mike

7. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    What's going on Mike? You replied to a 10 years 7 months old post. And by clicking on Gordon's name the status shows he hasn't visited the Cafe since 2011. Is this time travel? :confused:

8. Well, let's keep it goin' :ROFLMAO:
    I introduced my D2Xs to the SigSport 150-600 the other day....

D2X_4941-001_zpswwhnjd7w.

9. gwh1bass

gwh1bass

Sep 14, 2008
    Lansing MI
    Never owned one, but great image above!

10. Thanks a lot, Glenn

11. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Why not?

I love mine. Got a D2x and a D2xs and LOVE them for Motorsports. Outside action? What's better? These dinosaurs ROCK! 12mp is plenty. For me anyway. A d2 body, top shelf glass, and good light.... = magic.

I am so diggin' these old cameras. I know, I know. Old tech, not 52mp, no auto everything, you got to know their limits... Bah! I'm in no hurry to up grade. :)

Been admiring your BIF photos for a long while Will. Lot's of my faves were shot with your D2x!

_DSC0057web.

_DSC0063web.

_DSC0065web.

_DSC0328web.

_DSC7187smw.

Attached Files:

12. Thanks, Roger...great set!! ;)

13. Ronald M

Ronald M

Nov 10, 2008
    Chicago
    CCD sensors perhaps the key to great color. Leica guys seem to think so.

A very close relative just got his D2X. The price is better than yours -free-gift from a pro who upgraded. Low exposures and visually very nice.

I got out my D3 and did some pics and color was great. So great I found a second one at a local shop. Cosmetically very nice, 4000 pics. 4 thousand.

I am fine tuning all my lenses and they are close to perfect with no adjustment. Someone at Sendai or a repair center worker hard on it as I never got a Nikon that was that perfect.