Just called wings

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh You named the Eagle Butterfly. Nice name I like it. :>))))

All very beautiful images Gary.

I name regular birdies to:>)))

2. Thanks Gale

They were by the truck when I came out and I just had to do it!!!

They love that crimmson clover I guess

3. *LOL* Good series, Gary..... I like the "throw in"

4. You know Sandi these butterflies make that poor Eagle look bad and to tell the truth the Eagle shot is pretty good.:wink: :wink:

Just a change of pace and they were there.

5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    You might think differently if you were a smaller mammal:)

Nice images.

6. LOL

You are right but these birds seem to eat mostly Coot and Fish but they are on the river maybe if more inland Rabbits and Squirrels would be in more trouble

7. Oh Gary! These are sooooo beautiful! I love butterflies and as always, your eagle shots are wonderful! Please do keep em all comin!

8. Thanks Dianne

I was on my way back to the Truck and there were several of them. Next thing I knew I was setting up the tripod and click went the shutter. They kind of make the Eagle look poor even that it is not a bad picture.

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I don't shoot butterflies unless one happens to land in front of me, too frustrating. I can wait on birds but not butterflies.:confused:

A very nice setting and beautiful colors. The eagle shot is in my humble opinion one of your best from this location. Lots of tension and power in that takeoff posture.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice set Gary. I'll shoot both at any time. Sometimes when I'm over at the dam and the bird activity is slow, I'll search out a few dragonflies too. :rolleyes:

11. Thanks Andy

There is patch of Crimmson clover where I park my truck and there were probably a dozen or more there, Just had to take the shot no waiting.

The Eagle shot was at the closer Blind but little chance of getting a clear In-Flight from There. I have a number of take offs with this type of quality. I was at the closer blind to get a better non obstructed shot of the Eaglet.

Thanks Frank

They were right where I park and were very busy working on the crimmson clover, Just had to get a few shots.