Just for fun

Took this with my Panasonic FZ38 yesterday....seemed it needed a bit more to make it work....hope you like

Best wishes

Ray

original

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Processed

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Brilliant. That sky is perfect - have you built up a library of skies? That would be a good idea, perhaps I should start a sky collection for just this purpose.

A couple of minor criticisms.
1. There is a quite a pale line all along the horizon at the bottom of the sky, which doesn't look natural.
2. The foreground, while much improved with sunshine etc, now has a noticeable HDR look, which although attractive, to me reads as false.

My thanks and an explanation

many thanks for the kind feedback.....very helpful.

For the workflow I used the CS2 highlights and shadows adjustment and did it as a layer above the original so that I could mask out as needed.

I deliberately wanted a pseudo HDR look and am pleased it has been identified as such.....however, perhaps as is suggested...a little too much as it appears fake....but I will learn from the help and guidance given....much appreciated.

I made the sky blue using a selective colour adjustment layer and focused on the white using the cyan slider and saturation etc.

The clouds are fabricated....they are simply googled cloud brushes and overlapped etc to make that sky....bit of cheating....:biggrin:

Then I used painting with light, painting the colours into the image as I wanted to lighten and/or darken......a little like dodge and burn but with colour etc.

It took about 15 minutes to do and was relaxing and fun.

I am very grateful for the kind words and very much appreciate the feedback....thank you.

My best wishes as always and I am truly grateful for your help and advice.
Ray

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom