Just for fun

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by olshroom, Oct 10, 2017.

1. _DSC5865_pp  bk  wh.

• Like Like x 1
  2. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    Very nicely done!

3. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    As it stands doesn't really work. To me the scale is off as is the lighting. Model not casting any shadows and the contrast of the background much harsher than the contrast on the model.

4. Thanks for the comments. It was done as a green screen so matching contrasts could be difficult. As for the shadows. If the lighting is done correctly there will not be any shadows. Even thought if necessary one can be added.

5. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Nicely done, Jim!

6. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    I like the image in general Jim but I find the way the lady stands a bit weird , especially her legs.

7. Agreed. The biggest problem here is the scale. If she is dusting the car, she is huge relative to the vehicle.
    Look at the proportions from an actual photo.
    1925%2BDuesenberg%2B8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. There is something very awkward about here pose--her left arm and right leg don't look natural, and her head too looks "off".

9. Nick, you obviously do not have a french maid!

10. No not a French maid, nor any other kind :oops: As the retiree in the family, those are part of my duties!

11. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    No, if your outside you will almost always have shadows. There are shadows under the car yet the model has none. Even on very cloudy days you will still have a shadow, even if its very soft and diffused. Look at the shadow under the car, around the buildings windows and the large vase. In this case the composite does not work. If you are going to composite a model into a scene you are responsible for matching, tones, lighting and scale if you want to make it believable. IF not just present the two images separately, the car and then the model on a white /gray / black seamless ( but there should still be shadows under her shoes).

12. Mitchell - I agree that th4 scale is off. I originally sized he to the vehicle and to me she looked to small. So
    I used artistic license and made her larger. Again a photo just for fun.

13. Malsam

Malsam

Oct 3, 2017
    I like it. The only weird part for me is where her shoes are touching the pavement. Don't know why.