Just for you Frank..........

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 10, 2005.

1. Not up to your standards by any means, BUT..........give me time :lol:
    These suckers are F A S T!!!! Geese are definitely my speed which can still be a challenge. I will practice on mallards and now you can start practicing on teals........i cant even find those ones in my view finder. :lol: :lol:

original.

2. That's a really nice shot, Keith. I especially like it with the birch tree background. But, what are those little dots about 8 o'clock from his back end??? :wink: Did he forget to shake before take off?

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot Kieth!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent capture Keith!! As you have discovered, these guys are really difficult to get a lock on. They generally come in very silently, so if you see them at all, it's usually just in the last second or two of their approach. I still don't have what I would call a great image of these guys, so I'm still trying also.

All I can say is, keep on stalking and shooting. Sooner or later, one of us will nail one of these guys (or gals....;-)).

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    nice shot. good colors and I like the background. If you straighten the trees it would have an effect of increasing his angle of attack or is it angle of flight. Anyway, it would be a true'er indication of how these guys climb.

6. Hi Kevin

Yep, I snuck up on him and scared the bejesus out of him. LOL..............He was dripping wet, next time he needs to fly over, not away. LOL

7. Thanks Don!!!

8. Evening Frank.......

9. hi Greg....

Greg, good eyes, cant say i even noticed it until you brought that to my attn. LOL..............this was handheld shot, so it could have been easily me, he didnt go straight up, just straight away from me :lol:

See I need to pay more attn to detail, then again I wasnt even going to post this pic as I didnt think much of it but what the hey............thanks for commenting. Working to improve to get close to yours and Franks skill level, practice makes perfect!

10. I like this one Keith the lighting really makes the bird stand out. I agree with straightening the trees.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

You are absolutely correct. Practice does make perfect (well, in my case, not perfect, but at least better....;-)). Keep shooting, and the details will become more and more apparent, and make it easier to achieve that perfect shot. 8)