1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just got an F5.

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by CRavsten, Aug 9, 2008.

1. I've been reading this forum for some time and have especially enjoyed the photographs from film and was thinking of getting a film camera. Well...a very savy friend of mine wanted to sell his F5. He said, "Take it and shoot a few rolls...if you don't like it, bring it back. Ya, right. Take this cute little puppy home and if you don't want it, bring it back. The oldest and best sales technique there is. Long story short, I'm now the proud owner of a very clean F5. Now I can contribute some work and you folks can help me improve my photography.

Regards,
    CDawg

2. Yeah, that's a slippery slope - enjoy your F5!

Sean

3. congrats
    can't wait to see your film images
    good luck

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    F5 is a really good camera! I'm sure you will do some good stuff with it. What film are you planning on using?

5. Congrats!!! As Chris said, you've just brought home a wonderful camera. :smile:

6. GREAT! Now you really have to learn how to drive, photographically speaking, and the F5 is a wonderful camera!

7. I thought I would try something with alot of latitude and easy to scan. My local photo shop recommended Fujicolor Pro 160C. Do you have any recommendations?

CDawg

8. Hey, congrats on the new toy. Just don't stand too close to sleeping babies when you trip the shutter!:biggrin: As far as film is concerned, at first I would go with some cheaper film like Fuji Superia 400 or Kodak B&W 400CN for black and white.

9. The F5 is the D3 of film cameras. You won't be disappointed. I would caution you that the high frame rate mode can get expensive rather quickly as opposed to digital. :wink:

10. uhh, ummm. The D3 is the F5 of Digital cameras...:biggrin:

11. Yeah, I guess that would be the logical description since the F5 came first. :redface:

12. Did he tell you previously owned by a little old lady who only used it to photograph her grandchilders?

The F5 is a nice camera; very sturdy, like a tank. You can still get many of the accessories, such as the data back.

13. Oh, I see that litte old lady is a traveller one! :biggrin: I too know her... maybe because of a car she had, maybe a Maserati,

[​IMG]

kept just to go to the department store to get food for her cat.. because having 440 HP is trendy these days.. and you may definitely come home earlier and you have more time to cook while waiting your husband... yes, I already heard of her.. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.