Just Got Back From The Outer Banks Of North Carolina....

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by AEDigman, Jul 9, 2007.

1. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Just returned from the Outer Banks of North Carolina...A few shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my first post in this forum...Hope you enjoy!

Alan

2. Nice pics. I am heading down there in a few weeks. We always have a great time. Lots of good photo ops. Love the lighthouse. We stay on the 4wd beaches north of Corolla. Where did you stay? Thanks for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images

4. Outstanding images, we had a great family reunion there in 2000, beautiful beaches and area (also up near Corolla). I had to chuckle as the pre-trip reading warned about bad traffic, etc....compared to Cape Cod on a Saturday turnover, I'd rather be in OBX!

Looks like Jockey Ridge in some of the shots? I remember my ankles getting absolutely eaten alive after the sun went down...

5. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Alan, those shots are very, very nice, thats the kind of shots I like to take and I have some real nice ones from Port Orange. I'm new on this forum and I will have to learn how to post pictures and put some on.
    Keep up the postings.

Phil...

6. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    All -

Thanks very much for the kind words...much appreciated!

Rich -

We typically stay in the Nags Head/South Nags Head area around mile marker 14. One of my favorite things to do there is fish (pier/surf). We got in to some smaller blue fish when we were there a couple of weeks ago. The lighthouse is the Bodie Island light house, just a little south of Nags Head on the Hatteras National Seashore.

Chris -

Agreed on OBX vs. just about anywhere :). You hit the nail on the head...at least one of the photographs is from Jockey's Ridge and you're right about the ankle thing...either insects or the wind.........

Phil -

I'd love to see the shots from Port Orange when you have them ready.

Thanks -

Alan

7. Nice shots, Alan. The OBX is one of my favorite areas.

Welcome to the Cafe!

8. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Hi Dave -

Thanks for having a look. Just got back a couple of weeks ago and already want to go back. We've been vacationing there for over 20 years and have enjoyed every minute of it.