1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just got CS3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yahtzee, Apr 17, 2007.

1. CS3 just arrived at my office and I am stoked to get home and give it a shot. Adobe really hooked me up. I had purchased an educational version of PS 5.5 a while back and then my parents gave me PS7 but wasnt aware that the site they bought it from was selling pirated copies. Adobe gave me CS2 for $150 and then the upgrade to CS3 for $5 (thats right, $5). Very cool.

2. great news!

3. Now THAT's forgiveness! Congratulations.

Rich

4. Wow, way to go.

5. Have been playing with CS3 for about an hour now and all I can say is wow. So many more features. Just what I needed......I had about 5% of PS7 figured out and now this. My only request is for a little toolbar customization...i would like to have a button to open and save things....Otherwise, let the learning begin.

6. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    I'm glad for you Glen. I wish I can come out so lucky.

I'm not going to need CS until I get a MAC which isn't until Leopard comes out... However, my concern with PS is what I don't like as a newcomer to it.

I don't think it's fair to pay $650 just because I never had PS7 and I'm not a student, and I don't want to break the law.

Kind of makes me wish there was a real alternative, instead of having to jump through hoops to get a reasonable deal.

7. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    There is nothing about it that is not fair. Find someone that will create the same software for much less and you have a winner, but affter all these years no one has.

8. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    Andrew,

Thanks for your input. In principal I agree with you. I am all for a free market. And in that sense, Ideally you'd have at least two players who are close enough to create competition so that none could charge too much and the product would improve quickly, etc. for example, Canon and Nikon in the DSLR world.

Aside from that, I was just suggesting that I don't like what seems to be a game that one must play in order to try to get a reasonably priced legal copy of CS. For example, buying a used older version to get the upgrade, etc.

9. I own both CS1 and CS2, both legally purchased upgrade versions. How can I get CS3 for 5 bucks?!?! Can you PM me the phone number of the adobe guy who gave you that deal?

10. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    I just have to wait and see if it comes my way someday, birthday is coming up, although I did put a new lens on my list as well :biggrin:

It must be a big step from 7 to CS3, that's almost going from Windows 3.1 to Vista :smile:

11. It was the standard Adobe customer service number. I believe the reason that they did it was that I was on the verge of another version coming out in a matter of days and my upgrade path from 5.5 couldn't take me to CS3 without me paying for a full version. I even had to do some fancy clicking on the serial number screen with Adobe on the line to give them a challenge code in which they gave me a code back that unlocked it. If I were you I would call them. Worse they can say is no. I couldn't believe my ears when she told me that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.