1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just got it.. Woot! :D

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by dante, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I just got it today. I almost didn't receive it because the delivery guy can not wait for my apartment manager too long.
    Well, I picked it up at FedEx local facility, I just can't wait until Monday.
    Here is the thing:

2704520809_60cf988b25.

:D 

Btw, does anyone notice that the D700 is somewhat difficult to acquire focus under dim light condition? Or is it just mine? I have a D300 as a comparison, IMHO, my D300 is much faster to acquire focus, all AF settings are the same on both cameras.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Yeah! Have fun with it! I don't think I'm a good one to comment on the focus...It seems fast to me since I'm coming from a D70 and D200.

3. Cool! Who did you get it from?

4. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Well I went from a Canon 1D Mark III to a D700, I think the focus is fast and rarely hunts, I would put it rite on par with the 1D(which was very fast).

5. I got it from Ritz. I hate when I have to deal with them, but I couldn't wait any longer (my bad habit :redface: ). I don't have a problem dealing with them this time. I had one before.

6. Good to know :smile: Thanks for the reply.

7. Ritz? Wow! Just checked the site, IN STOCK, no TAX, FREE shipping. I must resist, I must resist!

8. Yes, no tax, free shipping and next day air is cheaper than others (if I'm not wrong). Go get it [​IMG]

9. MrCupHolder

MrCupHolder

Jul 3, 2008
    Australia
    I've had mine for 49 hours now :p 

After a few late night test shots the next thing it got to do was take photo's at a concert. I didn't have any issues with it's focusing in that kind of light.

I was using a 24-120mm AFS VR lens and also a 80-200 2.8 AF lens.

The only issue I had with focusing was getting it to focus on the object I wanted it to. I found this morning the setting that was causing that. I'll need to spend more time with the manual. One thing I hate about camera's is the more settings they have on them the more settings you have to check to ensure you have them set correctly which increases the chances of screwing something up.

All that aside I'm really impressed with it's ability to handle low light.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.