Just got my DK-17M Eye Piece! What a Difference!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 30, 2005.

1. After all this talk about the DK-17M eye piece, I decided to track one down, which proved a struggle in itself, but I managed to nab one in Hong Kong over ebay (paid a premium too! :eek:), but since I do a lot of night photography, the extra magnification comes in handy. Anyways, I must say the difference is like night and day! I should of bought another one for my other D2H, because I don't think I can ever look down that puny 1.5x viewfinder again! It's horrendous! Heck if Nikon can just roll out more of these eye pieces, I can live without FF! Yay!

2. About time, too.

I ordered mine from Adorama and waited. Took a few weeks.

Note that FF isn't so different as you might think. I've been using a 5D lately along with my Nikons and I honestly don't see any difference so far as focusing goes. There is more physical image there, but the detail we focus on does not change.

3. I don't really care much about FF, my only gripe with the crop factor was the small viewfinder. With the new eye piece, I have no complaints now! Nikon should just integrate this magnifying piece in all future bodies, seriously.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I agree. Just got mine. Very pleased.

5. Could Nikon integrate this magnifier into all their bodies? It makes such a difference! Is there anyway to adapt the eyepiece to the viewfinder of non-D1/D2 cameras such as the D70/D100?

6. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

Great question, I would love one on my D70.

7. So will the Dk-17M work on the D70? That is one of my biggest complaints or headaches is the tiny little viewfinder?

Thanks.

Darn-It! So I guess this will not work on the D70. Bummer!!!! ARGHHHH!

So is there another way to put a magnifying eyepiece on my D70s?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005