1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just got my DK-17M Eye Piece! What a Difference!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 30, 2005.

1. After all this talk about the DK-17M eye piece, I decided to track one down, which proved a struggle in itself, but I managed to nab one in Hong Kong over ebay (paid a premium too! :eek: ), but since I do a lot of night photography, the extra magnification comes in handy. Anyways, I must say the difference is like night and day! I should of bought another one for my other D2H, because I don't think I can ever look down that puny 1.5x viewfinder again! It's horrendous! Heck if Nikon can just roll out more of these eye pieces, I can live without FF! Yay!

2. About time, too.

I ordered mine from Adorama and waited. Took a few weeks.

Note that FF isn't so different as you might think. I've been using a 5D lately along with my Nikons and I honestly don't see any difference so far as focusing goes. There is more physical image there, but the detail we focus on does not change.

3. I don't really care much about FF, my only gripe with the crop factor was the small viewfinder. With the new eye piece, I have no complaints now! Nikon should just integrate this magnifying piece in all future bodies, seriously.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I agree. Just got mine. Very pleased.

5. Could Nikon integrate this magnifier into all their bodies? It makes such a difference! Is there anyway to adapt the eyepiece to the viewfinder of non-D1/D2 cameras such as the D70/D100?

6. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

Great question, I would love one on my D70.

7. So will the Dk-17M work on the D70? That is one of my biggest complaints or headaches is the tiny little viewfinder?

Thanks.

Darn-It! So I guess this will not work on the D70. Bummer!!!! ARGHHHH!

So is there another way to put a magnifying eyepiece on my D70s?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.