Just got my new Tokina 12-24!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by flygirl1, Jun 12, 2007.

1. The UPS man just arrived with my new lens:biggrin::biggrin:. You know what can Brown do for you:tongue::tongue:. Will be out this weekend to try it out. And, of course, off to Alaska on the 6th of July!! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Also, got a B+W slim MC Cp for it.

Best
    Nancy

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Nancy, can't wait to see what that new lens can produce along with your talent and this beautiful nation. Have a blast and post those shots.

3. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Be prepared to see the world differently. I think these "Ultra Wides" open up a new perspective on how you can create artistic images.

One tip, is always make sure you have a close object in the foreground as I think that is where these lenses really give a special perspective.

I hope you love your new lens.

4. If you want to see what this lens can do, have a gander at some of these..... he's a master of that lens. These shots prompted me to order the Tokina as well! :wink:

This lens will make you want to travel more and more. Enjoy, and come back to show us.

5. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    Nancy,

Congratulations on acquiring your new lens. May you enjoy it in good health.
    Wish you the best for your trip to Alaska, hoping to see some of your
    excellent pictures from there.

regards.

6. Whoaaa:eek: Those are some terrific images!!! I hope I can at least come close. At least, in Alaska, I have some great scenery to work with. Thanks all. :biggrin:

Cheers
    nancy

7. Congrats Nancy, you'll love it. I just got one about a month ago, haven't really been able to put it to the test yet, but anxious to do so. I have a question, which filter would be appropriate given the wide angle of it? I purchased a Tiffen slim, but then the hood wouldn't fit back on nor the cap. I know have a normal Tiffen.

Thanks
    LOuie

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy can I play too????????

heehee see ya Saturday

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

congrats Nancy...i sure miss mine...;-(

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh Yeah Sandi
    Roman is a great photog

11. Louis I will get back to you on that. I am at work right now. But, I was told you needed the slim kind for this lens and as far as a cap the B+W I got came with its own cap for it. I will try the filter and hood tonight.

Oh yes you may. I need some subjects:biggrin:

Cheers all
    Nancy

12. Congrats :) I've used the Sigma 10-20 and I think this lens is definitely built tougher and a lot sharper wide open.

13. Huff09

Huff09

Feb 25, 2007
    Carmichael, CA
    Congrats Nancy,

I am sooooooo jealous. This is the next lens I am buying and am just waiting for some funds to free up.

Enjoy and make sure to share some pics from the new lens.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well Nancy maybe we can get a nice wide angle of the whole of the viera wetlands.
    Landscapes here are ratther lacking.
    Take close ups of each other..lolol

15. Thanks. Well, I am surely going to put it through its paces, especially in Alaska:biggrin:
    It feels great!! We will see this weekend if I can really see what it can do:smile:
    That would be great:biggrin:! So I really can get to know the lens.
    I have seen those. They are just stunning!!!

16. Congrats, that is the lens on my wish list, just a hair ahead of the Sigma 10-20, sadly Tokina is not readily available in Canada (and I don't like using UPS cause of brokerage fees from the US).

I am looking forward to seeing your photos with this lens tho!