Just had to shoot something

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Nov 10, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

After two days of rain. One day spent deleteing all kinds of images from my hard drive (they weren't any good any way :frown: ). Then I get to update firmware but not test it out, I'm about ready to scream, silly Huh?? :rolleyes: :Curved:

So today with a small break in the weather went out to see what I could capture. Of course the birdies weren't flying much or doing much of anything, still no reason not to practice, exp. framing, flash etc. etc. :smile: , right ??

Anyway enough talk here's what I ended up with

First the rain and now this Rat won't get off my rear :mad:
    [​IMG]

All the birds just seemed a little lost today :confused:
    [​IMG]

Only guy looking half way decent was the GBH
    [​IMG]

Yeah I know it's a Coot, but hey good exp practice ...... hold detail in the blacks ........ don't blow the white in the beak ....... and get the red eye sharp ........ harder then it sounds, how'd I do ??
    [​IMG]

2. Ben, you did fantastic, especially on the coot. Glad I didn't just post mine. I had a hard time with not blowing out the beak.

If you don't come out here for Merritt Island III, I may just have to come out there! I need to rub elbows and hope some of your talent rubs off on me!!

Very nice!!

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I'm trying to work it out for Merritt III, but nothing firm yet, here's hoping.
    Thanks for report on the 1.7, I'm probably going to get one, gonna need it sooner or later anyway! Besides from what I can see the sweet spot for 300 is around F8 as well.
    :biggrin: :biggrin:

Anytime you can get out here we could do it up, Westie Style :biggrin: :wink: We'll even get you to eat some Pineapple Pizza :Shocked:

4. That Coot is a hoot! OK - I couldn't resist... :rolleyes: All fine shots. I've been a bit slow at shooting and it's driving me nuts. I've got to get my priorities straight. :eek: Evidently, you have got yours straight! :wink:

Good job.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ben,

I think that they are all very good to excellent, and I love the variety as well as your urbane narrative. Your 'bad' days would thrill most of us. :wink:

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Not bad for a slow day Ben. Good news for you. I've found two local pizza places that have pineapple on their pizza in case you can make it to Merritt III.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Jim
    Got a bright clear sky today so I'm looking forward to some afternoon shooting

Not so if you ask my DW

:rolleyes: :wink:

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Frank
    appreciate you nice words and support
    Urbane (had to look it up :biggrin: )

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    LOL....:tongue:

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Harry
    you went and researched this just for little old me !!
    :Shocked:

I knew you always liked me :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ben,

Does this mean that you are coming down to Merritt in Feb??

12. I'm thinking about it :)

13. Ben I know how you feel. It is really bad up here in the PNW. So dark. I am hoping to get to test my camera after the upgrade. Sure wish I could get your results. Nice shots.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I'm making moves in that direction, Frank
    Nothing firm yet but it' on the top of my list, here's hoping
    :wink:

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I did get to go out Friday and shoot, even got to try a TC1.7 on my 300F4.
    Haven't post processed anything yet and have a mixed feelings, stay tuned
    :smile: