Just have to say it....

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by cwilt, Sep 19, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I love my iPhone.:biggrin:

Works great with my trucks bluetooth. Use it a lot more than I thought I would. Found myself making a bid proposal via email while on a job site delivering supplies. By the time I made it back to our store to load up the truck again, the customer was there waiting for me to discuss things.:smile:

So far battery life has not been an issue for me.

Its the swiss army phone. It does everything but make cool-aid.

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yes it does...try the text feature...that's pretty awesome...it's like IM'ing someone - it separates the conversation in green and white boxes. It's truly a mini computer on the go. I love how it's connected to my car's bluetooth too. And the IPOD feature wow...amazing huh...I have over 1000 songs loaded.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Not much texting from me. Emails to customers and to Iliah through the day is enough to keep my fingers busy. :smile:

It also acts like a mini portfolio as well. I think I could almost run a photography business on just the iPhone and a file server. That might be an idea. :wink:

I have to pick and choose my music for the week. It would take a few 16gb iPhones to hold my collection.

4. No need to pick and choose your music. Try Simplify Media to share yours (and others) collections over WiFi. My brother is currently using and says there is an initial buffering and then it works flawlessly. Enables you to listen to your music from your home computer anywhere.

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'm not in the office long and when I am its usually only to reload and head out again.

Today I was making a delivery. I knew the general area that I need to be but as I got closer I discovered that its so new that it wasn't on my trucks navigation disks. While driving and listening to an audio book about stock markets I simply pulled up the contact. Clicked on the address which then opened in google maps. There it was with directions from current location. And I got 2 emails. The area was so new that the satellite image showed only roads and no buildings.

Now that is a cool device.:biggrin::cool: 

6. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Yep, I love :Love: my iPhone, too!! Last year when I came home with my first iPhone I wasn't sure what to expect but I quickly discovered the advantages of having a "mini-computer" in my pocket, not to mention a music machine, a video machine, a camera (not great, but it's there), and, oh, yeah, a phone..... I still tend to use my 3G iPhone mostly as a computer to access the internet, check my email, etc.

Because I can't use bluetooth earpieces or headphones I was especially thrilled to discover last year that I could use the BT in my Garmin GPS system with my iPhone while in the car. Voila -- hands-free communication while on the road!

I don't get into text-messaging much but so far the few times I've tried it I've been happy at how easy it is with the iPhone.

A wonderful little device, the iPhone..... :smile: :Love:

7. I use the photo features to showcase my portfolio it is wonderful. I use almost all the features and have about 10 apps installed it is the best phone I have ever used nad I have used a ton. I still have the first gen iphone. I have gone three times now to pull the trigger on teh 3g version but have been able to resist so far.

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I got my iPhone just yesterday - loving it so far :biggrin::biggrin:

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Have you all experienced any dropped calls? What about call quality? The net is full of irate iPhone owners complaining about call quality, etc.

I'd love to get one if the call quality is there. I have an iPod Touch and absolutely love it.

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Do you have links to the offical word on tethering? Even unoffical would be ok.

I'm not ready yet, but will remember your offer.:wink:

I have done the same. Also useful for emailing links to products as the is standing there asking me about them.

Replyed from my iPhone.:smile:

12. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I have had Samsung and Motorola phones recently and find dropped calls to be about the same. The holes seem to be in the same spots as I drive around Denver. The quality of the audio is better than my other phones.

I use mine more for data than voice. Last time I looked I had an amazing number of rollover minutes.

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

14. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Call quality in my limited time with it so far is better than my T-Mobile Dash. No dropped calls yet, although the latest update (2.1) is supposed to help with that.

15. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Paul,

That sucks on many levels. Teach me to do more research.

Can you guess what I have been working on?

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  17. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Whooppee! I got one for my wife yesterday!

Apple Remote.. rocks!

18. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    It wasn't that the app violated the Apple rules and SDK. It violated your ATT cell phone agreement.

19. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Funny thing.....

A few weeks back my wifes phone started messing up so I told her to get a new phone and to look at the iPhone. She decided not to get the iPhone. I showed her the way everything was integrated. Address book, GPS, phone, email, and photos. "Thats a neat idea", she said.

We went to the zoo today and her phone battery died so I let her use mine. On the way home she said she was returning hers and getting an iPhone. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.