Just having fun,

Discussion in 'People' started by thrdprophet, May 23, 2007.

1. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    I'm not much into portraits but would love to learn how to get better at taking them. Hope you like these pictures of my little princess.:smile:

AliyahS2-3.

AliyahS2-1.

AliyahS2-2.

2. Love the pics but I think they would be better if you would have ironed out the creases from the background.

3. Cute pics... the reading shot is funny...

I'd iron the background and move her out away from it about 5 or 6 feet to get the seperation you need. They look like window lighting or something similar so not a lot you can do with that. Overall, nice pics of a very cute kid... :wink:

4. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Too tired to iron out the creases it was midnight, just bought the fabric and just wanted to see how it would look like. The lighting was just from the SB-600 flash that I had. The living room didn't have much light available.

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Have her wear something solid...the color in her shirt and the color background makes me dizzy.

The shots are really really good. Way to go.

6. Good suggestions so far, especially getting some separation between the subject and BG.

Where did you get the fabric?

Is that The Queen's Gambit in your avatar?

7. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    The fabric was bought at Wal-mart, $4.97 a Yd.
    Queens Gambit? you know it might be, but I was just moving some random pieces together just to have a "chess" avatar. Now that you mentioned it I think it was one more move away from being Queen's Gambit.

8. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Thanks for the input. Wife said to change her too... But if I didn't want time to iron out the creases I certainly didn't want to look for a new outfit for her to wear at Midnight. But I will definetly keep that in mind when shooting again =)