Just how do I...

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dbirdsong, Oct 30, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

One of D70's went south on me last night during a hockey game I was photographing and it needs to be sent in to Nikon for repair :frown:

I was hoping that just doing a hard reset would fix the Err error that it is showing, but no good.
    So my question is just what do I do now? Do I call Nikon for RMA # ? Do just type up what is wrong and box it up and send it in? I just want it fixed ASAP. (For as little $$ as possible too, it is out of warranty)

As anyone else had a D70 give them the Err error and sent it in? What did they do and what did it cost if you had to pay for it?

Dave

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    In short, remove all the accessories, lens, battery, eyepiece rubber thingy, and install the body cap. Write a detailed letter explaining what went wrong and how to duplicate the problem. If you tried a different lens and CF card, tell them. Any info you provide helps them. Send it to Nikon either NY or CA and insure the package well. The Nikon site gives you the addresses and tells you how to pack it. Don't put it in the original box if you want the box back. Track the shipment and note the day they get it. (If you want to see your D70 again, don't send it FedEx ground, it's the old RPS and they loose and break things on a regular basis, including theft) After they have had it for several days, call the service number, and have your serial number ready. You can then get the service order number from them. About a week after they get the camera, you can try calling and authorize the repair over the phone with a credit card. Saves waiting for them to mail the estimate out. The usual repair is level B2, about $272 plus shipping and tax.