Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Jul 13, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Fellow oldies like me might remember the song...'Downtown' as recorded in 1964 by Petula Clark

"When you're alone and life is making you lonely
    You can always go - downtown
    When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
    Seems to help, I know - downtown
    Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
    Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
    How can you lose?

The lights are much brighter there
    You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
    So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
    Downtown - no finer place, for sure
    Downtown - everything's waiting for you"

Some snapshots of Downtown NYC
    All taken with a D100 and the nikkor 24-85ED

Staten Island Ferry
    original.

Federal Hall
    original.

Wall Street Bull
    original.

US Customs House
    original.

Ground Zero
    original.

New York Stock Exchange
    original.

World Financial Center
    original.

Staten Island Ferry
    original.

Regards

-
    RFC

2. Hey Robert you have picked some really interesting subjects along with a little humor in #2 and a delighful tilt in the last one. Excellent images.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great street images, Robert. I also appreciate the lyrics to a song that was popular when I was either in Jr. High or High School...Petula Clark must be getting old?!?!? :? :eek: :? :eek: :? :eek:

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice variety of images. I like the bull the best---the woman looks like she is being chased!

5. I like very much all those Dowtown pictures.

6. Love the song one of my favs as a kid growing up and you shots are just fantastic as usual, they are music to my ears

7. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Great shots - remind me of the many years I worked in the city. Now I live in the open spaces of California and dont miss it at all. But your shots cewrtainly bring back memories - I will not comment on the Petula Clark song, but it does remind me of London where I grew up, and where I was living when she recorded the song. Love those shots .....

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Remember the song. Fun to see pictures. It's a world away from my small rural town. What a different lifestyle you have from me. Thank you for letting me share a bit of your life with these wonderful pictures.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi greyflash, eng45ine, Leigh, Gilles, mike mac, patrickh, and Terri French

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Downtown everything is truely waiting for you :>).

Regards

RFC

10. WOW....wonderful series of shots. I hope to visit NYC someday. That is my wife's favorite city. :D :D :D

11. I like these a lot, especially the second one (Federal Hall). Something about that shot really speaks to me, and then when I scrolled down and saw the dog, it made it all the more perfect! Nice! Thanks for the song lyrics, too. I really like that one, even though it came out a few years before I was born!

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Robert

WOW beautiful street pictures I like this kind of "shooting"please refresh my memory who is the artist that made that awesome bull beautiful piece of art.