Just loitering

The third shower of the day was just starting, and I wanted to get back to the house. The old (30+) girl however was out inspecting the pasture, and enjoying the cool temperatures. I watched through some bushes from about 60 yd. away until she finished nibbling on some grass, and then caught her peeking around to see where I had gone. Yes, she could use a good brushing and the pasture needs to be mowed again – if and when the rains let up:smile:.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

She looks fantastic for 30+. I have a 32 year old that's still doing well.

I would have cropped this the reverse way you have, and left more room in front of her than behind her.

Thanks Linda and Dave -- she'll be pleased that you like her:smile:.

I would have cropped this the reverse way you have, and left more room in front of her than behind her.
Linda, I can't do that because of the way I framed the original. However, I did take the original, and synthesized more foreground so I could try your suggestion -- you're absolutely right -- thank you.

Thanks Dianne. Yes, she's an Arab all the way. We've had several Walkers, a quarter pony, an appy, and a Shetland. My personal favorite and friend for many years was a Tennessee Walker, but I have to admit that this Arab is pretty nice too.
When I was going to college and taking photography, I used to go shoot a friend's Arabians. he had a whole herd of them! I wish I still had some of the photos, as his stallion was the prettiest I ever saw! Glad I haven't lost my touch on ID'ing horse breeds YET. She's a beauty for sure!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom