1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just loitering

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Bob Coutant, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    The third shower of the day was just starting, and I wanted to get back to the house. The old (30+) girl however was out inspecting the pasture, and enjoying the cool temperatures. I watched through some bushes from about 60 yd. away until she finished nibbling on some grass, and then caught her peeking around to see where I had gone. Yes, she could use a good brushing and the pasture needs to be mowed again – if and when the rains let up:smile:.

[​IMG]

2. She looks fantastic for 30+. I have a 32 year old that's still doing well.

I would have cropped this the reverse way you have, and left more room in front of her than behind her.

3. she does look great for 30+
    Nice image Bob

4. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Linda and Dave -- she'll be pleased that you like her:smile:.

Linda, I can't do that because of the way I framed the original. However, I did take the original, and synthesized more foreground so I could try your suggestion -- you're absolutely right -- thank you.

5. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    She is a beauty!

6. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    She thinks so too, Angela:wink:

7. What a beautiful mare! She looks Arabian, right? lovely capture!

8. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    "She thinks so too"

I can't say I blame her.

Thanks so much for sharing!

9. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Dianne. Yes, she's an Arab all the way. We've had several Walkers, a quarter pony, an appy, and a Shetland. My personal favorite and friend for many years was a Tennessee Walker, but I have to admit that this Arab is pretty nice too.

10. When I was going to college and taking photography, I used to go shoot a friend's Arabians. he had a whole herd of them! I wish I still had some of the photos, as his stallion was the prettiest I ever saw! Glad I haven't lost my touch on ID'ing horse breeds YET. She's a beauty for sure!

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Nice Image!

12. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks, Steve. I wish however that I had framed it differently so that I could give Linda's suggestion a better test.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.