Just love film

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by mysticknot, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mysticknot

mysticknot Guest

I just started going back to film and just loving it. Even for not too well taken photos the pictures just have more life. Thanks to the cafe for re-energizing my love for film.
    I didn't develop the film myself. When it came back to me the processing was to bland for my taste so I used the disc that came with it and did some adjustments. I like it better now.
    Feel free to C&C.

original.

View attachment 234682

View attachment 234683

2. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Charlie: Low light grainy B+W. Im smiling ear to ear. Just fantastic, especially the second one. WOW.

Gregory

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's cool Charlie! I like the film/digital hybrid look. The process you use really emphasizes grain, and that is film's signature! The second one is a classic in the Sally Mann style.

4. Charlie, don't worry about critiques just keep shooting away. It's like typing. You never forget how - the old motor memory kicks in and all the old shooting habits come right back. Cute kids by the way!

5. mysticknot

mysticknot Guest

Thank you for the kind words and the encouragement. They truly are (and the wifey of course) the inspiration of my life. I will definitely keep shooting film. Maybe someday I will take up developing.

6. Beautiful, Charlie, especially the 3rd.
    Grain is really the film soul...

7. Charlie,
    i can see why you have gone back to film
    i love these images
    that last shot.... my favorite
    that face... so cute

8. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    A great series. I too like the last one best.:smile:

9. Adorable photos Charlie, every one. At first I liked #3 the least, but it grew quickly on me and in 10 minutes, it's now my favorite.:biggrin:

10. mysticknot

mysticknot Guest

Again, thank you very much for all the compliments. I really enjoy reading through this forum. I've learned a lot.

11. The first shot is very nice. Film BWs are in a completely different league than digital ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.