Just One Hummer with a borrowed D200 and a 300mm AF-S II

Discussion in 'Birds' started by andreasb, May 6, 2007.

1. For the fun of it I was trying out my neighbors D200 and his 300mm F2.8 AF-S II. I'm happy with the shot! I think this will be printed, framed and hung..... No crop at all BTW

original.

I have added a cloned out version of the petals on the left...

original.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  2. About as nice as it gets Andreas. Beautiful capture, love the colors in this shot and the little catch light in the eye. I agree it will make a beautiful wall hanger.

Louie

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Andréas :

Wowser. That's just a stunning photo.

John P.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    very nice! I would consider cropping out the flower edge on the left via clone or crop to complete it's presentation.

5. Yep, this is a wall hanger!! Beautiful.

6. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Great Image Andréas, I definitely would hang this one.

7. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    talk about well captured very well done

8. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Great SHOT Andreas". "Print That Baby, Andreas". "Awesome Hummer Again, Andreas". You guys just annoy the dickens out of me because I can't get a decent shot of one these buggers with any lens, not even a darned stuffed one!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: (stuffed Hummer, not stuffed lens, sheesh .... :tongue:)

This is way cool, Andreas, but tell me, do you, DR, Keith and the rest wear some sort of Hummer Pheromones to get so danged close???? :wink:

Oh, yeah, if I haven't been obnoxious enough, I think you should clone out the petal on the left edge, and then you can't say "full frame" anymore .... nudge-nudge-:wink:-:wink:

ps. The Goose wasn't dead this year, but the Goslings snuck away when we weren't watching, darnit.

9. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    He can clone out the pedals and still call it full frame, no crop, he just can't say no adjustments. :)

10. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Absolutley stunning photograph.

Best regards
    Andy

11. Breathtakingly Gorgeous.

12. Yeah, I see it now I will clone out the petals.... As for how I get so close, it's pretty easy, you just walk up to them, and ask for permission, pay is nectar I have tons of feeders, and we have planted flowers that they are supposed to like. And finally in regards to ferimones: I guess I already smell good...

To bad about the Goose, lets make a point of catching her next year!!!

Thanks for the nice feedback! BTW (again) this was on a monopod.

13. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Beautiful sdhot, Andréas!

14. Wow!
    What a beauty!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    One is all you need when they are as good as this one.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

15. Thanks all and for the (should have been obvious to me) feedback, I have added a cloned out petal version below the original.....

16. Beautiful as usual....simply beautiful!

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Andreas, a shot to be proud of.

BTW, I had a visitor yesterday. This damn kingfisher perched on the corner of my pool enclosure. He hang around until I got my camera out. As soon as that devil bird saw a camera in my hands he took off. I would swear that it was laughing as it flew away.:mad:

18. Well done. Yes indeed you should get it printed and hang it. I like Bill, am so jealous of your ability to get these great images. I sure do love looking at them, just wish I could take pictures as well.

19. Perfect bokeh. I like the composition, clarity and DOF. Excellent shot.

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent
    Very beautiful