Just One Hummer with a borrowed D200 and a 300mm AF-S II

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
For the fun of it I was trying out my neighbors D200 and his 300mm F2.8 AF-S II. I'm happy with the shot! I think this will be printed, framed and hung..... No crop at all BTW

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have added a cloned out version of the petals on the left...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice! I would consider cropping out the flower edge on the left via clone or crop to complete it's presentation.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Great SHOT Andreas". "Print That Baby, Andreas". "Awesome Hummer Again, Andreas". You guys just annoy the dickens out of me because I can't get a decent shot of one these buggers with any lens, not even a darned stuffed one!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: (stuffed Hummer, not stuffed lens, sheesh .... :tongue:)

This is way cool, Andreas, but tell me, do you, DR, Keith and the rest wear some sort of Hummer Pheromones to get so danged close???? :wink:

Oh, yeah, if I haven't been obnoxious enough, I think you should clone out the petal on the left edge, and then you can't say "full frame" anymore .... nudge-nudge-:wink:-:wink:

ps. The Goose wasn't dead this year, but the Goslings snuck away when we weren't watching, darnit.

He can clone out the pedals and still call it full frame, no crop, he just can't say no adjustments. :)

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Yeah, I see it now I will clone out the petals.... As for how I get so close, it's pretty easy, you just walk up to them, and ask for permission, pay is nectar I have tons of feeders, and we have planted flowers that they are supposed to like. And finally in regards to ferimones: I guess I already smell good...

To bad about the Goose, lets make a point of catching her next year!!!

Thanks for the nice feedback! BTW (again) this was on a monopod.

very nice! I would consider cropping out the flower edge on the left via clone or crop to complete it's presentation.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Great SHOT Andreas". "Print That Baby, Andreas". "Awesome Hummer Again, Andreas". You guys just annoy the dickens out of me because I can't get a decent shot of one these buggers with any lens, not even a darned stuffed one!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: (stuffed Hummer, not stuffed lens, sheesh .... :tongue:)

This is way cool, Andreas, but tell me, do you, DR, Keith and the rest wear some sort of Hummer Pheromones to get so danged close???? :wink:

Oh, yeah, if I haven't been obnoxious enough, I think you should clone out the petal on the left edge, and then you can't say "full frame" anymore .... nudge-nudge-:wink:-:wink:

ps. The Goose wasn't dead this year, but the Goslings snuck away when we weren't watching, darnit.

Outstanding Andreas, a shot to be proud of.

BTW, I had a visitor yesterday. This damn kingfisher perched on the corner of my pool enclosure. He hang around until I got my camera out. As soon as that devil bird saw a camera in my hands he took off. I would swear that it was laughing as it flew away.:mad:

Well done. Yes indeed you should get it printed and hang it. I like Bill, am so jealous of your ability to get these great images. I sure do love looking at them, just wish I could take pictures as well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom