Just Ordered D200 From B&H

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Ken-L, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I didn't want to do it, you made me do it with all this TALK about the D200. :Devil:

I have my doubts - maybe I won't be able to get good photos using a D200 with my sloppy and lackadaisical approach to photography (and everything else, truth be told). :Whistle:

But I'm also certain that I am "just one lens away" from having the photos I want......:Tongue:

So, I'm also waiting for the new 18-200VRII when it comes out.....:Shocked:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ahhhhh the Devil made Ya Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation !!!! Good going. Next click to the best image :>)))))

Me tooooooooooo :>))

Damn B&H

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Ken they did it to me too. Damn this forum and B&H:tongue::wink:

Now how do I tell the wife that when I was getting stuff online for her
    x-mas I ended up with a D200:confused:

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Tell her you bought it for HER and you will have to learn to use it for a few years so you will be able to teach her all there is to know about the camera.

5. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Damn! Following Ken-L's lead, I also ordered from B&H. 2 day delivery. Guaranteed for Wednesday. We leave Sunday for Bosque del Apache.

I'm sure I'll have all of the nuances of the D200 down by then. NOT !

Anybody want to buy a Fuji S3 Pro???

6. You "Band-Waggoners" just bug the dickens out of me. Wait, wait, wait, then jump in and say "See, I'm cool TOO!". I just don't understand it at all...of course I also just LOVE to see, and help, OTHER people spend their money as well nudge-nudge-:wink: -:wink:

I really don't think you will be disappointed. I have only found 2 annoyances at this point in time, AWB not as good as on my D2H and an issue with Sigma HSM lenses, but those are both easily worked around. Other than that, enjoy yourself, a bunch......

7. Me too!!!

9. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Santa Claus is coming to town..... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good going Gary :>))))))

Have a fantastic Christmas and Vacation. You are going to a good spot to get lots of birdies....

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Just got my email from B&H. It's shipped with a tracking number and on it's way to me. Has to be faster to get stuff to Idaho then when I was in the U.K.

12. Todd, Ken... both saying they have plenty of strength and can resist to the appeal of the D200 for a long time... and as soon as someone says there're available over there at B&H, plunk the credit card: it won't hurt, promise... and you are both gonners! ROTFLMAO!!

I can resist. I am telling you, I can... :rolleyes:

Congrats guys. :smile::biggrin:

13. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I want you to know I have plenty of willpower! Why just the other night I ran out of cookies and I didn't go to the store to get more. Okay, so that's not really willpower, just lazy. See, if I had to go to a store I would not have bought a D200 - but since I could order on-line on a Sunday, well that's willpower, right?

14. Ah... cookies... Now that's what I call willpower!!! :Whistle: :wink: :biggrin:

I'm with you on the mall vs. online shopping. And the other thing is not having to open one's wallet make the experience... really painless too, LOL!

Merry Christmas, Ken. Enjoy your (well-deserved) new toy!

15. Congrats on the new camera-to-be.

I knew BH would do this. As they did with the 5D and others. Public apologies to Johnathan for missing it! Our roof sprang a gusher today, and I wasn't near a computer when it hit.

16. Bill, something wierd is happening with your WB. What color space are you using? If it's Adobe RGB and you upload your pictures to a web hosting site without converting it to sRGB, it will muck up the colors and make your images look muddy.

I shoot pegs, use sRGB, and have been getting good results from AWB.

17. boo hoo hoo! I missed the B&H D200 batch. Just for this, I'm gonna be in Hawaii for 3 weeks while all you D200 owners suffer! hahaha!

18. Frank, I have more looking to do, and I try to always remember the sRGB conversion before upload. I do shoot in Adobe for the wider gamut, I may try sRGB and see if that makes a difference as well. But I can see the difference quite well in the NEF so I know it is not just the conversion bit.

What I have noticed is that some are showing warmer, others cooler, haven't found a pattern yet, most likely it is something I just don't have set quite right yet. In a number of cases, the Flying Swans for example, we end up shooting from the water up to the sky, with varying bits of water and trees along the way, so I would expect the WB to vary when AWB, just haven't found the pattern yet. If you look at the Killdeer shot compared to Jim's it is very obvious, as was pointed out, that the WB was off on the cool side. Hey, this is the joy of the new camera, right???? :wink:

19. Chev71

Chev71 Guest

How are you guys ordering from B and H? On the website, there is no "add to cart" option, only "add to wishlist". I want one...:(

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Lilly,
    They are out-of-stock at the moment. That may be why.

A telephone call is really best :>)))

Hope you can get one soon. Join the rest of us luniacs...lololol