1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just ordered my 'new' ais 300mm 2.8 -new pictures-

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by danielbaer, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Yay! A good day for me, just ordered my ai-s nikon 300mm 2.8 with hood, and case from eBay today. I will post pictures as soon as it arrives, this is my first super telephoto lens, I can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Prepare for "wow," and have fun!

3. you'll love it :) 
    I love mine!

4. sbruno

sbruno

Jul 20, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Out of couriousity, what'd ya pay for it? I shoot with a 300/4 and always wonder what shooting with the Big Daddy would be like... even in MF. I've found with this lens that it's all about the TCs...

Steve

5. Way to go Daniel!
    This is an awesome lens. I had one for a good while and loved it!
    I hope to see some of your images with it.

6. Thanks a lot, sorry I haven't gotten around to posting some images, i've been out every day I can to shoot, it's such a different experience using fast glass. Here's some pictures of my 300;
    IMG_1046.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

It's really in quite good condition, the external hood has just taken a bulk of the beating (that's why it's there after all). Using a monopod or tripod helps so much when using this lens too, I really enjoy my 681b. I paid 725 us dollars, a very good deal with the included case and hood. But i'm going out to shoot some hummingbirds, peace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.