Just ordered The Beast

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sonton2003, May 21, 2007.

1. sonton2003

sonton2003

Jan 9, 2006
    Can't wait for it to get here. :)

It will complement my current lineup of lenses, My have been unhappy with the performance of the 28-75mm 2.8 Tamron lens at 75mm. On close subjects it does fine, but on subjects far away it front focuses a bit much, the nice thing is that it's great at Macro work and it's nice to have that built in and the beast won't be able to which means I'll have to carry around my 28-75mm and the 28-70mm lens or the 60mm micro lens, we'll see.

Anyways, it will be nice to have the good optics of the beast in my lineup, I'm quite excited. :)

2. LisaR

LisaR Guest

Woo hoo!! I'm anxious to hear what you think about it! Please post when you get it! From what I hear .... it's a great people lens! :smile:

3. You'll love it. If you get a good copy, it's tack-sharp. It's as good as any lens I've ever used.

4. sonton2003

sonton2003

Jan 9, 2006
    what do you mean if? Aren't all Nikon lenses sharp? My 70-200 was super sharp, it's my favorite lens.

5. jcovert

jcovert Guest

"Sharpness" is quite subjective I've found.

Anyway, just wanted to say if I had the $$ the 28-70 would be my next lens. Killer lens.

6. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    my 28-70 is a great lense and my favorite!

HHARRIS
    :)

7. Congratulation on getting the best lens you could own.... I know exactly how you feel... Time just doesn't go quick enough to the time you get it in you hands, well it didn't for me...

I love mine and its super sharp wide open at all FL, and the color, contrast is superb.... Look forward to what you think about it after you get it....

8. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I bought the 28-70 and the 70-200 not long ago with my tax return money. Both have excellent reputations here, and they're well deserved. However, I wasn't overly excited before they arrived. It was more about curiosity to see if they lived up to the hype.

Yeah, they do! I find that I use the 28-70 most of the time, but the 70-200 VR is just as fun for what it does.

Some of the comments about these lenses will almost make you believe that they're magic. Yes, you can get some sharp images with both of them, but you can still get some slightly off-focus or just damn blurry results, too. I love 'em both, now.

9. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    I love "next day air" !!
    Oreder it in the morning have it the next morning!

HHARRIS
    :)

10. You'll love the lens. It is my go to for sure. Enjoy. I had the 35-70 and it beats the pants off of it in consistency and rendition.

Enjoy
    Dan

11. Congratulations to this lovely lens!