1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just Peachy

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bob Coutant, May 29, 2007.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I was just minding my own business while sitting in the side yard in the early evening sunlight awaiting the return of a hummingbird. Then the peachy pink glow from this white double peony intruded. The hummer hunt ended (for today).

DSC_1712sm.
    NIKON D70    ---    300mm    f/11.0    1/60s    ISO 200

2. Nice depth of field, Bob. What lens / aperature did you use, if I may ask?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Perfectly beautiful
    I love those flowers. One we don't have in Fla.

4. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Harry -- that's with the 300 f/4 at f/11 -- the full EXIF is embedded in the image. [Except in rare cases, I'm partial to close ups rather than true macros:smile:.]

5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Gale. For you, here's a pair of shots of some single peonies -- relatively primative flowers that we don't see very much anymore. [Click on the first one to see a closeup of a single flower; click on the second to return here.]

6. Very pretty Bob. Nice soft colors.

7. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Tom. Peonies are such prolific bloomers; they're really quite a sight when they get going. On the other hand, each flower lasts for only a couple of days:frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.