JUST pulled the trigger... (Pics added post 23)

On an 8 month old LBNIB Nikon 14-24 2.8 to complete my trilogy!!!!! Been wanting this lens to shoot wide angle and large groups at parties. CAN'T WAIT to get it in my hands!!!

So how bout it people... Post up some of your favorites for me so I have something to look forward to until it arrives. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

Your appetite is insatiable! :biggrin:
I've never used it, but I've heard nothing but good about it (price being the exception).
Have fun with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Joe,

Your appetite is insatiable! :biggrin:
I've never used it, but I've heard nothing but good about it (price being the exception).
Have fun with it.
LOL. Thanks Glenn. I couldn't pass this lens up at the price I got it for.
Good purchase, it was the first lens I got with my D800. Got really happy when I was able to use filters with it using the setup from Fotodiox.
I've been wanting this lens for quite a long time. Especially when you need wider than 24mm.

You'll love it

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congrats, Bro!!! You'll love it. I loved mine, but didn't use it, so I sold it. Be sure to take it into the clubs if you're still shooting live music. It will give you a great perspective.

Congrats, Bro!!! You'll love it. I loved mine, but didn't use it, so I sold it. Be sure to take it into the clubs if you're still shooting live music. It will give you a great perspective.
Thanks Mark. When you come to visit me in NY you can use mine!!! :biggrin:

I can't wait to try it at a show!!!
Congrats, Joe! I've got the 16-35 instead but from time to time the lust is still there. I hope I can continue to resist :)
I was going to get the 16-35. The thing that stopped me is because I shoot concerts, and the 16-35 is just not fast enough when shooting with ONLY stage lights. And I got a GREAT deal on a US version, only 8 months old.
If you don't like it, can you forward it to me, please? :cool:

It's the one I'm missing too...

Klaus
You're first on the list Klaus!!! LOL :smile:

I should have it by the weekend, HOPEFULLY and plan on hitting Manhattan to try it out... IF it's not scorching!!! LOL

It's one of the lenses I use most frequently--couldn't live without it!

Now, it's time to add the filters for the 14-24! :eek:
http://www.nagelphotography.com/blog/2012/10/fotodiox-filter-for-the-14-24

Glenn
Thanks a lot for that provided link Glenn. I'm not much of a landscape shooter, I never really have been. I bought this lens for large groups, and when I shoot my concerts. I might have to try my hands at some landscapes now that I have this lens.

I like that filter. I like the fact that I can put a UV filter on to protect the lens somewhat.

Thanks a lot for that provided link Glenn. I'm not much of a landscape shooter, I never really have been. I bought this lens for large groups, and when I shoot my concerts. I might have to try my hands at some landscapes now that I have this lens.

I like that filter. I like the fact that I can put a UV filter on to protect the lens somewhat.
Glenn did a great job with that filter writeup. I was looking around for filters, found his blog and placed an order.

Glenn did a great job with that filter writeup. I was looking around for filters, found his blog and placed an order.
When I went to the link, it came up with an error. I couldn't find that filter. Would you mind posting the link where you found it?

"JUST pulled the trigger... "

Did you shoot it? Oh, sorry you mean you bought it.

Just kidding. :smile:

Congratulations on obtaining a fine lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom