Just received a Tamron 28-75 2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by tech1961, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
  2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

like your flower shots but that's some pretty strong yellowish cast on the very cute little girl's face ....same thing i'm noticing on my new tammy 90 macro...

3. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Another of my little freind

D80 With Tamron 28-75 at 2.8

453305833_db8a339345_b.

4. I love mine and I sure yours will serve you well. The yellowish tone is all about white balance, nothing wrong with the lens.

Enjoy

5. I'm not seeing the yellow cast myself, but I don't have the best set of eyes either. I really enjoyed my Tammy 28-75mm prior to purchasing my 17-55. Frankly, I found the Tammy to be just as sharp and the colors were pretty close too across the same range. At 1/4 the price of the 17-55mm, its quite the value. It even has some macro capabilities.

6. I thought the shot of the cute little girl was just a little too saturated. I took the liberty of knocking saturation down 30 in Photoshop.

[​IMG]

7. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Thanks everyone

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Glen ...with the 90 macro i'm finding i have to go -40 to -70 on the yellow channel and move the green over to a bit of cyan to get acceptable skin with in cam color set @3a...haven't tried 1a yet, maybe that's the ticket?

9. Hey Nute,

I no longer have my Tamron 28-75, but did find it was a bit warmer than my Nikons. Since I shoot in Raw, I usually deal with colorcasts when I fiddle with WB in Capture. If skin still looks off when I move the image to Photoshop, I usually try and fix it with A and B channels in LAB mode and then fine-tune it by reducing layer opacity. Sometimes I use a Photoshop plug-in called Skin Tune. So many options and choices in PP.

All the skin in your posted images look great to me, so keep doing what you're doing (and share it with the rest of us!).

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Jimmy, looks like u gotta dandy lens...after another round on my 90 this evening i might even keep it...;-)