Just received Markins M20-L

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Brian-S, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow! This is a serious ballhead. Rock-steady and machined very well. My quick observations:

1. Fewer knobs is easier to work with. Just makes it easy.
    2. Smooth action, both with pan and ball.
    3. Big clamp is very easy to use and very secure.
    4. Looks really good!
    5. Would be nice if it included a bag/head protector. For $400, it shouldn't be extra. C'mon Markins!
    6. Manual is very poorly written. While it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use a clamp and a knob, it would be nice to have a manual with proper english. I mean again, for $400, you would expect a bit more attention to detail here.
    7. Longest setup I have so far is a 70-200/1.4tc/D2h body. Holds that like a champ and I'm sure it'd be fine with much larger or a Wimberly Sidekick.

Brian

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    A great ball head. I have enjoyed mine for a couple of years now.

3. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    Yup. Love mine. It supports my D2Xs with 200-400 VR on a Sidekick just fine.

-- Russ