Just sold my 1979 Porsche 930

Not photographer quality, just for nostalgia:

DSC_0078_zpscdcb32b0.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NICE!!!!!

And it's RED - RED is the only color for a car!

Carole

I never drive it. It was my dream car since I was a kid and I've had my fun with it but now it just sits in the garage. Time for a boat. ;-)

Have fun with the boat. I understand, but couldn't do that myself. Hope your 930 found a good home.

I have just done a similar thing. I sold my 997 Carrera S which has done less than 3,000 miles in the last three years to fund a new Land Rover Discovery ( I have three cars but all two door) just to carry the dog around.

Three weeks later and I now wish I had not. Bad decision. Something else should have gone.

Good luck with the boat.

Swapping an ugly, cityboy, yuppy, trophy car for the freedom of a boat sounds like a very grown up thing to do :biggrin:

And if you can afford a Porsche you can afford to maintain a boat, I think you've made the right decision.

What sort of boat though? A motor boat or a sail boat?

Thanks for all of the advice on why I should have kept it and not buying a boat. I fully understand what I'm getting into. I've lived near/on the water nearly my entire life. I love being on the water more than land and have owned a boat before. I also have all of the tools and experience to maintain a boat. I do all of my own work on everything I own. I am 45 years old and have never paid anyone to fix anything on any car (other than tire mounting/balancing and alignments) or house I've owned. I can fully restore cars and houses so a boat isn't a big deal. If you guys have ever owned an old air cooled Porsche you would know what it takes to properly maintain one, financially and in personal time. For me, the two happiest days of my life was the day I bought the Porsche and the day I sold it. :biggrin:

Swapping an ugly, cityboy, yuppy, trophy car for the freedom of a boat sounds like a very grown up thing to do :biggrin:

Ugly? :rolleyes:
One of the most iconic car models in the history of 4 wheels.
Sounds like you have a plan, but this sale might be "the one that got away"
Love the 930's
Gary

Ugly? :rolleyes:
One of the most iconic car models in the history of 4 wheels.
Sounds like you have a plan, but this sale might be "the one that got away"
Love the 930's
Gary

I can always buy another if I get the itch. Besides, I much prefer the long hoods than the short hoods as I get older.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom