Just Some Macro

Frantically trying to get ready to speak at NECCC. But snuck out after work to Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambrige, MA. just for fun....

935934_10200765824040766_187173396_n.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

942049_10200765826720833_22202355_n.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry for the noise. Was very warm and windy.

just sharpening and NR in Lightroom.
No processing:smile:

Oh..Nikon 105.

another Nice one Cinde, natural plant colors, wish I was a fly on the wall at your Nikon speak, but your 1/2 way around the world. good luck on that.:smile:

Real Name
Mike
Nice Cynthia! Beautiful colors. I like the angle you chose in the first, keeping the tip of the bud in focus as well.

My teacher said I have some weird JPEG archiving in there....can someone msg me and explain why.

You mean jpeg artifacts. Its either too much compression, saving too many times (loss of quality) or caused by image stacking. Since these were not processed much (too much sharpening can bring it out) its probably compression from wherever you hosted them? I am assuming that you shot them RAW, but if you shot them as smaller jpegs, it could also be compression from the conversion in camera.

Look at the edge of the "2 o'clock" petal, both pics. Its easier to see at the edge of a color change, but present in the green areas too if you look.

You mean jpeg artifacts. Its either too much compression, saving too many times (loss of quality) or caused by image stacking. Since these were not processed much (too much sharpening can bring it out) its probably compression from wherever you hosted them? I am assuming that you shot them RAW, but if you shot them as smaller jpegs, it could also be compression from the conversion in camera.

Look at the edge of the "2 o'clock" petal, both pics. Its easier to see at the edge of a color change, but present in the green areas too if you look.

Thank you! I did mean "artifact" (I wrote archive) lol. I did sharpen them, but didnt do much else. I wasnt aware of the "saving cause", so thank you.
I always learn so much here:smile:

and thanks for the nice words. Mt. Auburn is beautiful .

Latest threads

Top Bottom