Just some real silly, silly fun

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bendheim, Oct 18, 2005.

1. I love cats, but we haven't had one in years due to our two daschunds, little terrors that they are. Anyway when we collected our dogs from the kennels after a short vacation, there was a very large cat at the kennels (all of 8 kilograms) looking for a new home. I respectfully begged my wife (as all men have to do, like when you want a new camera) if we could take the cat home.

Well, after some considerable plea-bargaining we did take the cat. Several days later we were still stringing off names for it over mealtimes, trying to find the right one.

In this "stream of consciousness" we hit on the names of dictators, as this hefty fella of a cat seemed to rule with an iron fist.

"Mussolini", I suggested.

My wife hesitated.

"No, Pussolini", she replied.

We both laughed for some time, and then it stuck. It actually rolls off the tonque quite well.

And so it is and will be.

Anyway the library the other day I came upon this new book propped up in the history section...

And I had a silly idea...

This was the book..

[​IMG]

and this was the idea....

[​IMG]

Well, it IS a new life for the cat ! There are days I just need to do silly things! Sorry!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Peter,

This is a great story, but knowing you, I find that I'm not at all surprised. :wink:

Sounds like you have found a new lord of the manor. :rolleyes:

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    what a cute kittie and how lucky to have found such a wonderful home! I just love your sense of humor Peter....any story you tell, I read w/enthusiasm...even a story about how a kitty found a home and got a name!

Thanks for sharing!

4. Thanks a mil Flew and Leigh !

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful story, Peter! Sometimes you just have to have a little fun with the photos! How have the Dachshunds adjusted? We have 2 Dachshunds and a Doodle (Dachshund/Poodle) and I know from experience that they can terrorize a cat. Our daughter has 2 cats - when they come to visit, look out! The only calm one is our old Dachshund who is blind and almost deaf and can't figure out what's going on.

6. It's gonna take some time

Thanks for that Don. Yes, adjustment could take some time, I think. At the moment I feel like the special envoy to the Middle East. The Dogs are now outside, the cat is inside. "Apartheid" is alive and well here I have to ashamedly say! The dogs, I have learnt from much internet research, need to be introduced separately to the cat for a good few sessions. Together, as a pair they are absolute terrorists. But I'm confident that a road map for peace can be found ! (Haven't I heard that somewhere before?)

Nevertheless there have been a few encounters where the cat has deftly extended it's clawed paw.

So far the score is : Cat 3 Dogs 0
    I'll keep you posted !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  7. Very cute story Peter, even cuter image! :)

Best of luck with the new dictator! :cool:

8. Peter might be on the best seller list soon! Great job adopting the kitty, I dont know what I would do with out my three and one dog of course