Just time for ONE Cedar Waxwing...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by andreasb, May 29, 2007.

1. I spent the evening at our local estuary looking for something to shoot, but got nothing, until I was about to turn back home. Suddenly two Cedar Waxwings appeared at pretty much focus limit of the 300 with a TC20EII on. Unfortunately a branch was in the way, but I got away ONE shot before they flew away....

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot Andreas. These little guys typically can be seen in fairly dense foliage, so it's very difficult to get a clean shot. Everyone that I've gotten has either a branch or shadow in the frame.

3. Very nice shot Andreas. I would have to agree with what Frank has said, of the few shots I have of this bird, they all include some unwanted branches.

Louie

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Nice work! I have nothing of this bird that I would show anyone.:redface:

5. Good shot Andreas. I'll have to come down to Cow Bay and try my luck...

6. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Look at the little guy! How cute! His feathers are perfect. I love cedar waxwings! Love the colors, love the white under-carriage, love the yellow tip on the tail, love the black beak and black mask, love the tuft of feathers on top of their heads. He's like a little shrike on LSD.

Thanks for posting him. Don't see many of them down here.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful bird

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    A fine one it is too Andreas.

9. Well I have better shot sof them but this was so close it was incredible, and thats why it didbnt take more then one flash and it was gone...

Thanks Louis!!! As sid I have better but not as close...
    They like berries on bushes so this one was sitting in a wild cherry tree, they move around so one has to be quick while they are at the spot...
    Well you know where I live, I think the 300 with a TC17 is a good choice...
    Yes they are one of the coolest birds I know as well. just lov'em...
    Thank you Gale!!!
    Thank you Harry!!!