Just to smile... :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by italy74, Jul 16, 2007.

1. A question for all, semiserious... if it's only a "local" event or not..

Why all american A-/B action movies trasmitted on tv have a STANDARD divorced couple / couple with problems and a daughter or so that ALWAYS gets back at the end of the movie? And why do they always talk about huge catastrophes happening in the US? Is there so many lackage of imagination among screen writers? I feel some kind of subtle persuasion - and unpleasant feeling - to think that there a couple of two has problems..

I'm missing Toto movies, if you have ever seen one of them, not because of his italianity, just for his character! :)

2. Cheap heat. If your intended audience is American, the idea is that you'll care more about what happens if it's happening to your (as an audience member) country.

And yeah, many screen writers couldn't write their way out of a thirty second commercial, let alone a ninety minute movie!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have not watch sitcoms or gone to movies in YEARS because of the poor content.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What do you expect Dino? All the action stars have gotten into drama lately or are being replaced by computerized animations. There really haven't been any good action movies anyway, since Arnold took over as the President of California.

5. ..oh jeez Chris...i have the misfortunate experience to have seen one of these so-called "action movies"....the so-so 'president of california' is not a good actor, and therefore can not be considered a suitable president of this state. there must have been some mistake made somewhere.:rolleyes:

6. Dino

Except for a couple of notables, including Pixar's CARS, I haven't paid for a movie ticket in years ... the content is just terrible.

In a very similar vein, reading your question reminded me of something quite sad that happened to me. After I retired from the Air Force, I worked in a major PR agency in Singapore. One day, one of the gals who worked for me asked me why I never swore. Huh? "Because," she said, "everyone I see in American movies swears a lot." Boy, I always hoped she was the only one that thinks the "movies" are indicative of America -- but I suspect not ...

Cheers!!

Ken

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Some people still think Chicago is loaded with gangsters!?!?!?!:tongue:

8. Nah, just good deep dish pizza!!! :biggrin: :tongue:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Mistake! That "mistake" is what catapulted me into the world of blog fame!

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's a given...

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's not? That's where Becky is from, and she's a moll!

Oh, no. wait. She's a doll. :Wink:

12. Mmmm . . . Eduardo's . . .

Eric

13. Some of you haven't paid for a movie ticket in YEARS, besides "The Ant Bully" last year I haven't paid for a movie ticket either. I get mad enough when I waste 7 bucks on a rented movie for the family and it turns out to be sub par (not hard to find nowadays). The reason I did pay to see "The Ant Bully" is the five of us were in Edmonton Alberta last year and I love the IMAX experience, that's what was playing and knew the kids would like it and it was 3D which was a new experience for me so I didn't mind that time. Sitcoms I can't stand either especially when they've got the canned laughter, like I don't know when I should laugh without a que from the set? Ahhh the idiot box (tv), what a waste of time, even the news isn't news anymore, being more concerned with Paris Hilton and hollywood drama than real news. Only thing I really like to watch is educational channels, Discovery, National Geographic and such. Don't mind a good movie but they are few and far between!

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    And cannoli's!!!:biggrin:

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yes Ma'am! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

16. You guys are killing me!!! I wonder if I can make my into Chicago before dinner time???