Just want to say Arrivederci!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jczinn, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Well I'm off later today for The Eternal City--Roma! The weather looks iffy for next week...one site says rains :-( but another says sun :) so which will I believe? I don't mind walking around in the rain, but its not great for photography. If it rains I guess I'll just be eating and drinking (could be worse!)

Anyway, what I'm taking photographically speaking (to make this post relevant in some way ;-) is:

D100
    Nikon 12-24
    Sigma 24 1.8 for night shots and interiors
    Nikon 24-120VR for general walking around
    Table top tripod which I might use at night

2-1GB cards

Laptop and DVD's for double back-up

That's IT. No tripod, no big lenses, no flash. I took a flash last time to Italy and never used it...its not allowed in museums and churches, and I don't shoot people, so...for the odd moment I may need it, the built-in will suffice.

Also, hubby will have the D70 and Nikon 28-200 so the D70 is my backup and I can appropriate the 28-200 if I need something long (doubtful.)

Did I forget something? :D :?:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You guys have a safe trip and a great time, and bring back lots of gorgeous pics!! :lol:

Regards,

Frank

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Have a fabulous time...I look forward to seeing what shots you get!!! Be careful and have fun...

4. Hope you have fun and good weather Janet.

5. Have a great and safe trip and I am sure no matter what the weather is you will have a great time. Look forward to your pictures on your return

6. Janet, I'm sure you will have a great time regardless of the weather. In fact, I'm sure you'll get some great shots regardless of the weather as well!

Be safe -

7. I can hardly wait to see some shots of some of those incredible buildings. You've got it well covered from 12mm to 200m! A tip with European buildings that I gleaned from my Michelin guides: always look up, they have little quirks in their goblins and gremlins in the stonework high up. Check them out with the 200mm and you'll see what I mean! One on a cathedral in France had a little goblin dropping his drawers and showing all *LOL* If you can get your hands on a Michelin guide for Rome, they're chock full of info you'd never know, not just restaurant recommendations! Like I said, I really look forward to some great pictures, Stay safe, Sandi

8. Thanks everyone, I surely hope to have a few thousand shots to work on by the time I get home ;-) and you will be the first to see them!

Okay, heading out...if I get wifi access in Rome maybe I'll check in and say hi!

arrivederci!

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You are going to have SO MUCH FUN Janet!!! Enjoy it all, and we can't wait to see your photos when you get back (assuming you will want to come back.) ;)

10. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Ooooooooooo sounds like fun. Oh how I wish I could get out of California :(

11. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Janet,

Will sure be thinking of you over there. Hope it goes well and you certainly have just the right photo lenses. Can't wait to see your pictures when you return.

When I go to Italy I'll take the same lenses because you've put all the effort into figuring it out.

Best to you and Bon Voyage!

Gaye

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hmmmmm. I call it a vacation when I get into California!

13. wow

How lucky you are ! Rome is my favorite place in the whole world..pasta, the streetlife, the double espressos....the most civilised place in all the world.....Have a great trip ! (ps-lose the table top tripod and get a bean bag - they are wonderfully vesatile - can go on anything and give you great support)

Best

Peter

Chris - yes, California...now there's a holiday!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh Janet,

Great wishes for nice weather and a wonderful vacation. Great photography to you.

Awww the 24-12 VR VR VR. She is nice. I have one now :>))

Great choice. But need the 80-400 ??? Birdies.

:>))))))))