Just wanted to share two more photos

Took these a few days ago when the lighting was very soft and mild because of overcast clouds during the daytime (my favorite type of lighting). Used a Bronica S2 with Portra 160VC. Makes me really want to buy a Hasselblad now...expect another thread coming up soon asking about how to buy a used Hassey :wink: Between this and the new rangefinder, my digital stuff isn't getting much use lately...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't seek out flower shots to shoot or view (uh, nevermind my avatar...:rolleyes:), but I appreciate the nicer ones. These are nicer ones! The bokeh in the first is out of this world cool (what lens is THAT?) and the perspective and look of the sunflowers reaching for the sun in the second...that is hiding behind those dark clouds is really cool. It reminds me of something from the '70s...a tv show intro, but I don't know what...and it reminds me of the Blind Melon video 'No Rain'. Both are stunning. Thanks for putten 'em here.:smile:

Love them! Wonderful shots and crazy cool bokeh as previously mentioned! Ive never heard of that camera before but I am very interested. Does it have a fixed lens?

Real Name
Chris
That first one is a true classic! Wonderful!

By the way, I don't think you are missing anything having a 6x6 Bronica instead of a Hasselblad. Bronica is a NICE camera.

I don't seek out flower shots to shoot or view (uh, nevermind my avatar...:rolleyes:), but I appreciate the nicer ones. These are nicer ones! The bokeh in the first is out of this world cool (what lens is THAT?) and the perspective and look of the sunflowers reaching for the sun in the second...that is hiding behind those dark clouds is really cool. It reminds me of something from the '70s...a tv show intro, but I don't know what...and it reminds me of the Blind Melon video 'No Rain'. Both are stunning. Thanks for putten 'em here.:smile:
Thanks Tim! Really appreciate your meaningful comment! The lens is a Nikkor 13.5cm f/3.5 for the Bronica S2. I don't know too much about medium format cameras and different mounts, but hopefully this will be informative to some of you.

Agree with Tim, nice ones, ultra-smooth bokeh in the first !
Thanks Bill!

Love them! Wonderful shots and crazy cool bokeh as previously mentioned! Ive never heard of that camera before but I am very interested. Does it have a fixed lens?
Thanks Michael! I think the camera I have is the Bronica S2 (http://www.pbase.com/cameras/bronica/s2). My uncle let me borrow it when I asked him about his medium format cameras - he's a very talented photographer, and also a Nikon shooter :smile: Yes, the lenses I have for this camera are fixed lenses: Nikkor 7.5cm f/2.8 and Nikkor 13.5cm f/3.5. The first photo was shot with the 13.5cm, and I'm pretty sure the second photo was shot with the 7.5cm.

That first one is a true classic! Wonderful!

By the way, I don't think you are missing anything having a 6x6 Bronica instead of a Hasselblad. Bronica is a NICE camera.
Thanks Chris! Well, the reasons why I want to buy another camera is because 1) this camera is on loan from my uncle (although he did offer it as a "permanent" loan if I wanted to :smile:) and 2) the camera itself is a little beat up. The film advance crank has quite a lot of inconsistent resistance when I wind the film, and feels like it could snap off if I'm not too careful with it. I'm really starting to love medium format photography, but I don't want to break my uncle's camera :eek: I agree with you, the Bronica itself is a fine camera, it just happens this particular one I have makes me feel uneasy to use.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom