Juvenile ealge, Peregrine Falcon & GBH

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Saturday turned out to be a little better than forecasted, so Jim Thiel and myself took a drive up to the Skagit Flats to see what we could find. The birds all must have gone somewhere, because it sure is slow right now. But we did manage to find one juvenile and one adult eagle, a Peregrine Falcon, or what I believe to be one and the ever present GBH. A fun day with a good friend, the shooting could have been better, birds and weather, but none the less a good time.
    While shooting the Peregrine Falcon the background was nothing but white clouds, so not a very pretty backdrop, same with the adult eagle shot.
    original.gif

View attachment 247648

View attachment 247649

View attachment 247650

View attachment 247651

View attachment 247652

Louie

2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Great stuff, Louie!

I like that first image - almost a 'Roger Tory Peterson' look.

3. I just love that peregrine shot Louie. Envious of all your BE shots too!

4. Wow you guys ARE Lucky, Nice!

5. Beautiful shots Louie!

6. Super shots, you process whites so well. Always lots of detail and contrast.

7. Louie, it was indeed a fun day. I enjoyed it very much and was glad to finally get out and shoot again with the 500. Your pictures as always are top notch. We did get lucky with that juvi. It was in such nice light and being able to shoot it full frame was pretty special. Hope we get more action soon. I did not have a chance to look up the falcon or hawk. How did you determine it was a Peregrine and not a Merlin? That is pretty cool if it was a Peregrine as I don't think I have ever seen one before. That was sure a nice find.

8. Very nice set Louie.

I also like the first one very much.

9. excellent shooting, louie
    i thoroughly enjoyed these

10. Oh you would have to have another peregrine for me to drool over!:tongue: Beautiful captures - every one of them!:biggrin:

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Louie, nice series,

I like that water color on the GBH shot, great match of bird/water and complimentary colors/spaces

12. You don't see Peregrine Falcons that often, although they nest in NE Ohio cities and sometimes come to hunt birds in my yard. They are not a very big bird, especially in comparison to the eagle!

I particularly like the Bald Eagle in the pine. Pretty shot, but they are all lovely!

13. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hi Louis,
    Although all the images in this set are spectacular, the Peregrine would be favorite. I really like the "subtle" tones in this one.

14. Caleb

Caleb

May 28, 2008
    New York
    Wonderful shots, all of them. I love the falcon. New to this site and I really enjoy all the images everyone is posting.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
  15. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Peregrine is my favorite. Great shot.

16. Always love your posts, this one no exception. I love the P Falcon most but there all keepers.
    Thanks for sharing

Darrell

17. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Excellent shots. I especially like the eagle.

18. Thank you everyone for all of your kind comments, I appreciate them.

19. Beautiful work Louie!
    Fred