Juvenile Female Osprey eye contact.

This is one of hundreds of captures I got this morning from this perch at the edge of the pond wearing my camouflage suit, a bunch of a juvenile male Osprey and a juvenile female Osprey, this is the female. Distance was ten yards.

1. Resized from original.
DSC_1608_DxO_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Cropped.
IMG_20200909_175523_478.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow nice precision and your " Thanks for looking " is very appropriate. 🤓
Nicely done.
Thank you Bob, every time the shutter went off "the D850 shutter is pretty loud", and it went off plenty, they kept looking at my direction but could not identify the subject, the camouflage worked to perfection.

Print large and display conspicuously!!

Left foot in first photo looks weird - was it just the perch or is she a bit lame on the left?
I will print a large one for sure, 17x22 is the largest my printer does, in regards to her leg, nothing wrong with it, it's just the way she was perched, she kept moving it from time to time, most birds usually like to use one leg to hold on while the other is either tucked away or doing other things.

Last edited:
Truly great shots!

funny how hunters walk around all the time in camo and nobody notices but you let a photographer wear it and you get funny looks. and if you 'want' funny looks just forget to take off your face paint when you go through the drive through lane! Camo works and you are right, they know something is there they just can't find it!

Truly great shots!

funny how hunters walk around all the time in camo and nobody notices but you let a photographer wear it and you get funny looks. and if you 'want' funny looks just forget to take off your face paint when you go through the drive through lane! Camo works and you are right, they know something is there they just can't find it!
Thank you Greg, and yes camouflage works, but only if used the right way, because you wear camouflage does not mean you can just move around, you still have to be as still as possible and when you do move it has to be extremely slow, no sudden movements.
Even with the camouflage I spooked them a couple of times by trying to move my head to the viewfinder, you need to have your head already behind the camera, movement most of the time will give you away, also you need to be surrounded by foliage and have to blend in with your surroundings.
I am also an avid hunter for 30 plus years, so that helps.
I just put the camouflage outfit with my mask and gloves in a small backpack and just slip them on when I get to my location. I don't walk around with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PX4P1SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Kx7wFb9SJMH2D
Mine is just plain green with no camo pattern, but I like the one below.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XX7Q6MZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qz7wFbKNQRKGY

A couple of the juvenile Male Osprey.

1. The youngster making himself look bigger trying to defend his perch.
DSC_1357_DxO_2.jpg

2. Cropped
IMG_20200910_112250_306.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom