1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Juvenille Caracara

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Richard Peters, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Just a simple portrait here of a Caracara, a bird I've seen a couple of times on my visits to Florida but on my recent visit I finally got a chance of some decent shots. I got off quite a few shots as I spent about 15 minutes in total with this particular bird, I even got bitten by red ants as I lay on the ground :razz:

To the right of the bird is the remains of something it was eating. I have shots of it eating properly but this one here shows the birds colouring better thanks to the pose.

3798614708_4b811bd05e_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D300 with 200-400 + 1.4x

2. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Thet are a very neet bird to chase around. Super hard to shoot their nest. I like what you did with what you had to work with, putting his white neck with the dark background of the trees and his dark brown body with the white sand.

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Sorry about the fire ants, Richard; they're evil, aren't they? Good to carry hydrocortisone cream in your car at Viera if you plan on doing any walking or crawling. Beautiful shoot of the caracara!

4. Nice shot.

5. very nice shot, interesting to see him on a beach!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.