Juvenille Caracara

Just a simple portrait here of a Caracara, a bird I've seen a couple of times on my visits to Florida but on my recent visit I finally got a chance of some decent shots. I got off quite a few shots as I spent about 15 minutes in total with this particular bird, I even got bitten by red ants as I lay on the ground :razz:

To the right of the bird is the remains of something it was eating. I have shots of it eating properly but this one here shows the birds colouring better thanks to the pose.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D300 with 200-400 + 1.4x

Thet are a very neet bird to chase around. Super hard to shoot their nest. I like what you did with what you had to work with, putting his white neck with the dark background of the trees and his dark brown body with the white sand.

Sorry about the fire ants, Richard; they're evil, aren't they? Good to carry hydrocortisone cream in your car at Viera if you plan on doing any walking or crawling. Beautiful shoot of the caracara!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom