Kara up-close

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, May 28, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

available window light...a grab shot pp'd for that "portrait" kinda look (experimenting with some new methods) ....:biggrin:

35-70 @70mm, f2.8, 1/60s, iso 1000

thanks for looking
  2. Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    I like what you're trying to do, but I'd easy up a little bit. She's beginning to look a little plasticy. They eyes and the skin. Her hair should have a little more detail in it, in my opinion. It's along the same focus plane as her eyes but is blurred slightly.

Keep experimenting!
  3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Dave ..i have a few different versions of this and tried talking her into one of the more toned-down versions but this is the one she liked:wink:
  4. Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    I agree with Getson...just let up on the lens - her right eye (HER RIGHT) is fuzzy. She's a beautiful girl with a flawless face. Good job!
  5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Seneca...;-)
  6. I love your wide-open series, Nute, and this might have worked with the 35/2. But 70mm from close range at f/2.8 put everything but the center of her left eye slightly OOF, and I find it disconcerting.

Actually, I'm glad to find you're human ;-).
  7. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    I can see why she liked it Nute, I can also understand why others might find the right eye a bit distracting, good work mate.
  8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Frank ..well, it wasa "grab" shot, but then again all my shots are grab shots ..lol..actually, i was hoping to get roughed up a bit on this one..glad it was a success..:cool:

and thanks for the kind words pal:biggrin:
  9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Patrick ..i think my kids have been corrupted by canon, olan mills studios and shopping malls (goofy looking store front mannequins)...lol:biggrin:
  10. Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I think it is beautiful. I see why she likes it. :biggrin:
  11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Don ....;-)