Karate Kid (NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely avoiding this movie and when I have my baby, I'd rather she watch the original. I like my original movies untouched!

For one thing, they're in China doing kung-fu. They should of just called it 'The Kung-Fu Kid'! Is that so hard to do? It's like going to McDonalds only for them to serve Taco Bell!

Some Chinese still have strong feelings towards anything Japanese because of WW II ...
and now they name something which is very Chinese and call it something that is very Japanese ???

...so ignorant ..

ironically my family is gonna watch that movie this afternoon...

J

jubjubrsx

this movie has kinda made me depressed, have mixed feelings if i want to see it. I'm a 80's child and i've sat through movie makers ruining my memories of old movies (G.I. Joe, and transformers)

Some Chinese still have strong feelings towards anything Japanese because of WW II ...
and now they name something which is very Chinese and call it something that is very Japanese ???

...so ignorant ..

ironically my family is gonna watch that movie this afternoon...

In America if you're Asian, Chinese, Japanese, etc. we're all the same here. I swear some people are so ignorant. I was talking to this one guy while on a travel job out-of-state (dude was apparently suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome). He kept thinking I was from China or Japan, despite talking to him in a perfect American English accent! Hell, I can barely speak a second language, but just because I'm Asian obviously I'm a freaking foreigner! If I had my way I'd readjust the Arizona law and only deporting stupid, lazy inbred morons out of the United States. :mad:

In America if you're Asian, Chinese, Japanese, etc. we're all the same here. I swear some people are so ignorant. I was talking to this one guy while on a travel job out-of-state (dude was apparently suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome). He kept thinking I was from China or Japan, despite talking to him in a perfect American English accent! Hell, I can barely speak a second language, but just because I'm Asian obviously I'm a freaking foreigner! If I had my way I'd readjust the Arizona law and only deporting stupid, lazy inbred morons out of the United States. :mad:

In all fairness, I'd been mistaken for Korean by Koreans, Filipino by Filipinos :)
Also, I can't tell Irish-Americans from Scottish-Americans by looks alone..
Well, some people are ignorant, but some are very considerate..

John Wayne couldn't act either.... I don't think any 12 year old can act except acting like a 12 year old.

I'm not sure what to think about the parents pushing their children, I don't know all of the facts. These parents certainly have the wherewithal and connections to do it.

There are plenty of kids who can act at that age or younger. Dakota Fanning in I AM Sam just to name one.

Also, I just mentioned Will Smith pushing his kid too much into acting and not all "PARENTS". Will Smith most likely had some persuasion to cast his kid along with him on some of his movies like Pursuit of Happiness or I AM Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom