Critique Karen asked for greater height and more color in the basin

Ironically, my most recent drop art photo session began with the kit not firing the camera (solved by reverting the camera to its factory default settings) and ended with the best session I've had. The session was so good that I was able to produce photos that meet Karen's requests for greater height in the formation and more color in the basin. The drop formations are about 4 1/2" tall, which is a considerable height. More important, the height displayed in these photos is the norm rather than the exception.

The greater height was achieved probably by dumb luck, though it might have been because of a couple minor changes to the mixture of xanthan gum and Merlot. The increased color in the basin was brought about by lighting it with two speedlights and enhancing the somewhat increased color during post-processing.

All of these photos were produced by two drops colliding with each other.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-05-12--011-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-05-12--045-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-05-12--076-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-05-12--088-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-05-12--101-S.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Sorry for the delayed response! Hubby had me working instead of enjoying NikonCafe! LOL!

wooooHOOOOOO! Mike, these are outstanding!!!!! #1 and #5 are extraordinary!!!!!! Love both the extra height and the longer transition from red to near black!

WOW!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Looks like Karen might garner a Wine commission for that suggestion! These are even better than your B&W shots and previous work. Just awesome

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom