Karting Pics. (large)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by PGB, Mar 20, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Captures from the Florida Winter Tour go kart races in Jacksonville. My little brother is number 14 racing a Birel Kart. My other buddy Keith is number 8 who finished second.

Oh, and girls race karts too!

Enjoy

17871735-O.

17871736-O.

17871737-L.

17871738-L.

17871740-O.

17871741-O.

17871742-O.

17871744-O.

2. Patrick,

Excellent shots!!!! Especially the second shot where you have #14 in focus in the middle. Looks like a difficult shot, but you captured it!!! Way to go!! :) :) :) :) :)

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    That was the idea Bryan. It is difficult when they are traveling at 55 mph at you. My brother was doing 81mph on the straight away!!!!

Cheers,

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Excellent shots and as Bryan pointed out that isolation shot of your brother is a particular stand out.

Well done!

Neil

5. Very nice pics.

Stu

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Patrick,

Very good series of shots.

Looks like a good time for everyone.
    Hope you had a great weekend out.

Cheers
    Gale

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Nice looking shots Patrick.
    Man that looks like a lot of fun :)

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Patrick,

Excellent shots. I take it that you enjoyed using the new machine gun and that great VR lens, huh.... :wink:

Have a safe trip home!!

Frank

Todd, I like your new avatar!!

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    We have had a wonderful trip. We miss our kids terribly though. We have never been away from them for ANY period of time. I'm ready to be home :)

The karting was fun. There were 30 karts in my brother's class and total about a 150 karts in all classes.

On the first day of practice a guy wrecked, spun and flipped and the Kart landed on top of him. He broke his back, neck, and two ribs. It was pretty bad to say the least. Thank God he had no paralisys.

Thanks for all the kind words. Any constructive critiques? Surely I could have done something better with this series. I'll be posting more later today.

Thanks,

10. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ummmm, hmmm, oh I know - more pics of the female driver! :D :shock:

Otherwise, maybe a little more blurring of the background at times would have been good Patrick.

Also maybe some more panning shots where you set a comparatively slow shutter speed to give some motion blur to the background. Helps create a feeling of speed.

The shots themselves that you've presented are first-rate.

Neil

11. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I probably have a few more of her somewhere. This track was especially difficult as I could not get to a safe location where they were going past me parallel. Most shots were coming toward me and I wasn't getting the results blurring at slower shutter speeds. I have many pics of my brother racing at the track in our hometown. It is a much safer track and I can get out in the middle of the field and take lots of panning shots.

I was almost hit once while in Jacksonville. A kart spun and was spinning right towards me. I ducked behind a fence fast and saved. I got some pretty neat pics of it coming at me I'll post tomorrow. Scary!