1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kata 3N1-20

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by D40ROOK, Aug 3, 2009.

1. D40ROOK

D40ROOK

Jul 11, 2009
    delaware
    Hey Mark hows it going? My name is Lou and I am new to the site as you probably already know,but I started reading your Bag Thread.The Kata 3N1-20 reply caught my eye because I was just looking at getting one.

What can you tell about some pros and cons with this bag. It seems like a very good bag. All feedback is appreciated.

Lou

2. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov

Feb 4, 2009
    CT
    My only gripe – it is not big enough for d700 and FX glass.
    D700 with grip and 24-70mm fits snugly. There is room for couple of speedlights, 50mm or something like that and a camcorder, wires batteries and what not.
    But with d40 you will have plenty of room for everything.
    Bag is well made and comfortable to carry all day long.

I’ll trade you for 3n1-30 ;-)

3. IsamuM

IsamuM Not-quite- Moderator

Jan 11, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    The 3N1 series is great, but as Boris says above, if you have any camera with a grip or a pro sized body, then you want the 3N1-30.

The 3N1-30 is a great bag that will carry a D3 with a 70-200/2.8, 14-24, 24-70 and various other photographic necessities, including a speedlight. You can probably cram more into it, but the above is about what I feel is a comfortable load.

The great thing about the 3N1 series is that you have four ways to carry them: as a left or right sling, as a regular backpack and as a double bandolier crossing configuration which I think is the best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.