1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kata H-16 & D200 (need new bag)

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by icjogger, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Looking for a new bag to hold my D200, couple of lenses and possibly the SB600. I have heard pretty good things about the Kata bags. I like the holster type style. Anyone have any experience with this one. Thanks!!

2. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Top notch!

I was thrown from a horse while carrying my D80 and 18-200 in a Kata bag (the sling-type) and landed on the bag. Camera and lens absolutely protected. (I was cushioned a bit, as well...)

3. From everything I've heard Kata's are very well contstructed and do a good job of protecting your gear.....and you just verified that!! I'm just trying to figure out if the H-16 will hold my gear? Which will normally be the D200 w/lens attached, a 2nd lens, the SB600 if room and the normal other stuff....memory cards, 2 D200 batteries, etc!! I'd like to stick a rocket blower in there too!

This is the bag I will use for hiking, walks, etc.....so I'm trying to keep the size/weight down if possible.

Another person mentioned the Kata T-214 as a possibility.

thanks for the help!!

4. Here is a description of the H-14. I personally am not a big fan of holsters
    http://www.cambags.com/canon/300d_10_20d/shoulder/kata_h-14_frames.htm

Have it and LOVE it. I keep a R-102 in the trunk of the car mostly as a storage unit, but when I get out of the car I usually take what I use the most in the T-214. The T-214 will hold a 70-200 VR on the long side of the bag, a D200 with the 18-200 or 12-24 attached, a filter stack, a DR-6 right angle holder, and some other knick-knacks in the main compartment. There is probably room for a small lens (30/1.4 HSM) instead of the accessories, but it will be a tight fit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.